Thoughts on old worl reserve

Joined Jun 2006
156 Posts | 0+
IN
I had one the other night and I really didn't like it. Maybe becasue its a corjo. I havn't like other corjo cigars. It was $11.50 for the smoke so I didn't think it was worth the price. Anyone eles have one and what your thoughts where. Thanks Craig

I have to agree. I had one about 2 months ago at a Rocky Patel tasting at my local B&M. I was VERY unimpressed. The cigar had major burn issues, along with a very bland taste, IMHO. The fact that I got the cigar for free at the tasting definitly helped (I would have hated to pay the $18 price tag). Anyways, I have one sitting in my humi now. As with all RP cigars, they need age on them. I will put this next one to the fire after a year or so.

wow i wouldn't have paid the 18 bucks. mine was 11.50. maybe time is what it needed. I have a few other Rp's and they are great.

i've had both the maduro and the natty corojo...felt the same about both, unimpressed...id smoke em again but wouldnt buy em again, not worth more than $5-6 imho

Does anyone know anything about Rocky Patel Factory Selects Maduro? Are these seconds? or are they machine rolled? They were on sale for 2 bucks a stick and the reviews were raving!

I enjoy both, but to me, the maduro is the best one of the RP-OWR.
I do not know anything about the Factory Select, but for 2 bucks a stick i would love to find out!
~CB

Hey I might have to contract the past statements I made. This moring I had an RP old world reserve maduro. I got it for an x-mas gift. The first one I had was a corjo and I don't normally like corjo. But the maduro was a great cigar. I could get used to smoking one of these. It had a great burn and very smooth with some sweetness to it. Sorry to talk so bad about the cigar the first time around.