tight draw

Joined Aug 2006
7 Posts | 0+
Atlantic Beach, Fl
hey guys is there anyway to make a tight draw any easier. I got a box of punch gran puro and it is verry hard to draw. all the rest of my smokes are ok and the humidor is at 68%. Did I just get a bad box?

You could let 'em dry to around 62-60 (where I keep most of mine.) Pinch it gently (rolling it along the length), or use a thin metal object to clear a path down the center. I use a large paper clip. :D

I agree qith BP, also when did you get them? They may just need some time to relax

Im glad someone asked this question
in some cases just letting a cigar rest can make it draw better?

Absolutely! When I do my pre-light draw, if it is too tight I will put it back in the humi (I slime it up real nice though so it hits the cigars I am going to send to Phisherman) for a rest.

Kevy thats just plain nasty...but dang funny!

Kelvin said:
Absolutely! When I do my pre-light draw, if it is too tight I will put it back in the humi (I slime it up real nice though so it hits the cigars I am going to send to Phisherman) for a rest.

HEY!

No respect I tell ya, no respect.

Hey, at least he sends YOU the cigars...I'm STILL waiting on the ones he owes me.

Talk about no respect - SHEESH!

:D

Thanks Guys .I sent a message to tim at Cigar.com and he thinks I got a bum box. They Have been In the humi about 2 weeks and are just making the veins come out in my neck and forehead trying to draw on them. maybe I'll return them thanks anyway guys

One of the tricks I use is massaging the head and foot of the cigar I know might have a tight draw. That can help loosen the filler and binder and make for an easier draw.