Today's smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a few of the old ones with a band that said Selection del Barato. The CT toros were pretty good-the new CT toros sold out quickly so I never got to compare the two.

Last edited:
Today's smoke was a Gurkha Status Maduro torpedo. Can't say I liked it, but a have a few more to try. The natural Status I had last month was good.

Tried a Gurkha Viper maduro robusto before lunch. Very cold out and I didn't get a great smoke out of it. Seems to be the trend in the past few cold days. After lunch I smoked one of my work cigars and I think I'll stay with those inferior ones until it warms up a bit here on Sunday.

Last edited:
Someone make DL a mod so he can kill all the spammers.

Also, on topic: Going to smoke a Cafe Creme mini tonight. Studying and I am looking for a shot nicotine hit.

Pinar Del Rio Oscuro Liga Cubana no. 2 robusto. No draw at all so I drawpokered it and the wrapper split on the tail. Started out very strong with no flavor to speak of but around the half way point a somewhat sweet flavor developed and continued for the rest of the smoke. Seems like it burned forever, but it was probably just an hour in temperatures around the freezing point.

Pinar Del Rio reserve limitada double magnum toro
La Caya CT churchill

Smoking tobacco has been something that people do for numerous reasons for centuries. It is the inhalation of smoke from the burning of tobacco.

I smoke tobacco and inhale because it has slowed my hair loss.

DL

Last night late - a Gurkha Grand Reserve maduro robusto

today- Castle Hall robusto

Tesoras Cubanos robusto or something like that- started out crappy and got a little better.

Out in the garage smoking a CAO mx2 dagger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 5
Cold and wet outside today but I managed to smoke an El Faro robusto- a favorite of my buddy who chews and smokes them---not my favorite--but not bad for an under $ 1 cigar (a couple of years ago at auction).
Hope it warms up this weekend so I can try some recently added Toranos.

Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus Gold robusto- pretty good cigar-might be better under better weather conditions.

Another not so hot day, but a bit warmer. Tried my first San Cristobal robusto after lunch and was somewhat disapointed. Conditions not the greatest for a smoke and I have a bit of a cold. I decided to try a cigar I've smoked before and liked so I searched for a Gurkha Status toro. It too was a bit disappointing until about 2/3 through when the flavor started flowing.

Nice day here today so I went out in the morning and smoked a Gurkha Beauty- not bad, but not on my list to keep in stock. Followed that in the afternoon with a Gurkha Special Ops toro- flavor started on the first puff-great cigar.

LGC from last night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 6
Just finished this Partagas Chico. Oh man, this thing was awesome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 5
Carlos Torano Fortress robusto-disappointing and later a work cigar.

Pioneer churchill- not a bad smoke-mild---smoked under non-ideal conditions.
Finished the yard work with an Empress of the DR churchill--not a good cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.