Today's smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I smoked an Obsidian. It was my second, with the first one 2-3 years ago in the morning and it was way too strong for a morning smoke. This one had 2-3 years of aging and was still strong, but maybe a little smoother. Could be a good smoke for those who like strong smokes without a lot of flavor.

Ok, I saw what you did there...

I have smoked the earlier version (round lighter wrapper) and found it to be not much better than the newer box pressed model. Also smoked the robusto size and the Vipers are not for me.

(Response to an earlier post of mine) as follows:

Gurkha Viper churchill _ Interesting story on this one. I have this cigar from different years and the cigar is not the same. Back in 2012 it was round a lighter in wrapper, then around 2013 it was a darker wrapper and box pressed.
Today's smoke was the latter and the five pack said it was Dominican and made by Pinar Del Rio. It was not a good cigar, but better than the last box press I tried from another buy. I have some of the lighter wrapper round ones from 2012 or earlier and I will be smoking one of them soon. This may be a case of a brand and make being remade under license and called the same as the original.

Last edited:
Friday night...

I had my first Diesel cigar yesterday.

Last edited:
Romeo and Julietas 1875 Clemenceaus gifted to me by my cigar mentor, Sarge to get me through the bad weather we're experiencing in Houston. It's got some age on it, but a great smoke. I see why he exclusively smokes R&J 1875s.

A strong contender for spot number two on my top three after Illusione Rothechilds.

Last edited:
Ok @tonygraz, finally confirmed it was a Unlimited Belicoso. It was a strong cigar.

Last edited:
Romeo and Julietas 1875 in memory of departed former Tennessee Lady Vols Coach Pat Summitt. RIP, Coach.

Last edited:
At my mechanic with unexpected fuel pump repair. The old gray mare ain't what she use to be...Glad I have an honest, cheap and good mechanic.

Cusano P1 to pass the time. Sadly, it does nothing for the Texas heat.

Last edited:
Not a Cusano fan. Best cigar I've had in the past couple of weeks was and Oliva Serie O maduro robusto.

first stick this morning was a Don Carlos #3 , right after breakfast with coffee, after I got todays supper in the oven I was able to spend a few hours outside & had a Monte #2 and later was a Padron 3000 maduro, this evening watching the postponed fireworks I suffered all evening with an ISOM H Upman Churchill that has been in the humi since 2001..... a good day

Pinolero by A.J. Fernandez. Sadly, can not recommend due to lack of flavor & poor construction.

Last edited:
Trying something new tonight. Anybody ever heard of this brand?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.