Tubed cigars

Joined Feb 2006
3 Posts | 0+
Do i need to remove the tubes when i put my cigars in my humidor, or do i even need to put them in the humidor?

No, do not remove the cigar from the tube unless you are going to do some very long term ageing. The cap should come off but leave it in the tube to protect the cigar. You paid for that tube, why not use it.

BigTom said:
No, do not remove the cigar from the tube unless you are going to do some very long term ageing. .

Tom,
Not sure what you mean by this?

"Long term" ageing should be done in the sealed tube!
4-5+ years!

I mean, I keep my tubo's tubed to keep from mangling them when I rummage through my humi looking for that lost cigar. If they are in long term storage I do not fondle them as much and therefore they do not need the protection that the tubes provide. As long as you take the lids off you get all the benifits (whatever they may be) of being bareback. The tube first, last and always provide protection to that very fragile wrappes that provides a surprising amount of the overall flavor to a fine cigar. I see no reason to keep it in the tube just for ageing, except to protect the investment.

Nice smoking room CC!

From what I understand - The sealed tube will slow the aging process
- if you have the time 5+ and more years they age better sealed up
tight - the flaovrs stay stronger - yet they smooth out from the oils blending.
That is what MRN has stated as his practice.
Personally I have smoked some well aged Tubos and found the above statement to be true!
CC

Min Ron NEE

Unless I am trying to age them in the tubes, I take the caps off leave the sticks in the tubes in my humidor.

Min Ron Nee...

He is one of the worlds Cuban Cigar Experts who has published books...I mean bibles on the subject...

OH I forgot CC not only has those books but reads them. I prefur trail and error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!