upgrade oasis to polymers

Joined Jan 2006
568 Posts | 0+
New Iberia, La
Anyone got some instructions?
Or where to get the polymers?

Here is were I get them from. I have always bough the Medium I belive.

As for the conversion, it is pretty simple. I have to XL Plus so I just used a spoon to scrape out the old floral foam and put in the polymers.

If you needed to you could use a little dremel to cut the top off a bit to get more room, just remember to leave the mount area alone.

Chris,
How much should i get for the regular xl plus reservoir?
And is it just as easy as adding water every so often.

Also, when you do add. Put a small amount of Vodka in with the water. This will help prevent mold.

If you got a pound it would be more than you ever needed.

And like craig suggested the Vodka is a great idea, I forgot about that.

One thing I ran into is pre hydrate the polymers. it is amazing how much water they hold. I had to keep removing them because I put them in dry and then added water.

Thanks for the info Chris and Craig :thumbsup:

A pound will last you more than a lifetime, but if you have kids you can use some for them. I just got some food coloring and let them add it to water and make thier own little creations in small vases. They had a blast. I ended up buying like 5 lbs. Also great for planters and such.

Barcochris said:
If you got a pound it would be more than you ever needed.

And like craig suggested the Vodka is a great idea, I forgot about that.

One thing I ran into is pre hydrate the polymers. it is amazing how much water they hold. I had to keep removing them because I put them in dry and then added water.

Thanks for this tip Chris its crazy how much water they hold

It is amazing how much water they hold...I have to wait a little bit to make sure they are fully expanded. I have had them jam the fan on my CO when they expanded after I had put the top back on. There is no better way to go.