Weather cleaned house!

Joined May 2004
965 Posts | 0+
Tombstone, AZ
Tropical oppressive humdidity gone. Can relax on the veranda without breaking a sweat. In light of this, a Gurkha Legend earlier, and onto a Punch Double Corona after I fill my belly.

Very interesting weather system that blew through the Northeast between Monday night and Tuesday afternoon. Rain, heavy winds, breezy tropical feel, with breaks in the clouds, then more clouds. It certainly did clean things out. I believe that was the remnants of Tropical Storm Gaston. Poor folks in South Carolina are going through a lot of misery on account of him.

I'm currently taking a break while putting up my hurrican shutters in preparation of a visit from Hurricane Frances.

Here in Homestead, Florida (just south of Miami) we refuse to take any chances after Andrew came through.

Man, I hate going up and down that ladder! But, I would rather put the shutters up and not need them than the alternative.

This is quite a hurricane season we're having and there's a lot more to come. I wish The Lord's blessings and protection upon your household and all others down there. Keep in touch. It doesn't look good.