Well, my $34 experiment is here via air-mail...

Joined Nov 2007
35 Posts | 0+
Found a place on the net that manufactures and sells Meerschaum pipes. Of all places it is a manufacturer in Turkey! :shock:

Having heard a Meerschaum the greatest I ordered one of their cheepies at $34 delivered. I figured I couldn't get dinged too bad for that money. :?

The order took almost a month to get here but the quality seems good and the fit of the stem is adequate. 8)

The size is what I call almost small but should be good for trying various blends. Being a new smoker I am just starting to experiment to find that ONE that I cherish. :D

You all might want to check them out at this net location. :idea:

http://www.meerschaumstore.com/

Haven't had the chance to stoke her up yet but for that price couldn't be too bad. :lol:

Is anyone else out there SICK of freckin winter :evil: We had a whiteout here in Missouri for about four hours and now the sun is out and it is beautiful. 8)

Keep your tobacco moist and your matches dry. :shock:

I'm sure you'll like it. They're ready to smoke right away w/o having to develop a cake like you do with briars, and you don't have to let it dry for a day after smoking. I've smoked mine 3 times in a day with no problems at all.

If I recall correctly, meerschaum is mined in Turkey, so it makes sense that yours came from there.