What are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah but, man, when I open that tin...and the aroma hits you, and you see that moist, chewy goodness....don't you want to just put it in your mouth? er.....no?... :roll:

Smoked a really nice little red lable Tat last night. Just a down right good cigar in every respect.

G.L. Pease Robusto...perfect after lunch smoke...

Had me some McClellands 2007 Christmas blend. Really nice mellow stuff.

3 pipes of tobac today. 1st was an aromatic on the way home from a local B&M. I'm at the point where don't care for the aromatics a whole lot. They're great if somebody else is smoking them, but not if they're in MY pipe. After work a bowl of C&D Sunday Picnic, and now I'm enjoying a bowl of C&D Elegant Emu as I type this. These 2 are probably my faves from C&D so far.

Ever since I discovered the briar, I've hardly smoked any cigars. Maybe 1 or 2 on the weekends but I'm really favoring the pipe these days.

PuFf said:
3 pipes of tobac today. 1st was an aromatic on the way home from a local B&M. I'm at the point where don't care for the aromatics a whole lot. They're great if somebody else is smoking them, but not if they're in MY pipe. After work a bowl of C&D Sunday Picnic, and now I'm enjoying a bowl of C&D Elegant Emu as I type this. These 2 are probably my faves from C&D so far.

Ever since I discovered the briar, I've hardly smoked any cigars. Maybe 1 or 2 on the weekends but I'm really favoring the pipe these days.

If you like Sunday picnic, wait until you try Interlude. I think I like that even better than SP.
I also don't smoke as many cigars as I used to. But the good thing is, I have about 2000 cigars aging nicely in my humidor, including a box of Padron 1926 from July of 2004.

I had another bowl of Cairo on the drive to work this morning. I'm using it to break in a beautiful Mark Tinsky Black and Tan Prince that I'm dedicating to oriental blends. This stuff is incredible. It makes my entire tounge tingle (I think there's a lot of perique in there). Great stuff.

I had some Frog Morton ATP last night. Mixed in a little honeydew with it. Quite the tasty. Going to GO TO visit C&D next weekend. They are only about an hour up the road for me. Probably gonna come home with a huge stash.

I had a bowl of GLP Kensington this morning. It was pretty good. The latakia is a lot stronger in the tin than in the pipe. It is a light balkan blend. Very balanced with a slight sweet note from the VA. It burned to a very clean ash. A little moist right from the tin but great none the less.

It's a great day here, just sitting inside, fire going and thinking about what kind of soup to make. Fish and chips for dinner tonight. With this snow storm at full blast right now, it's definitely an English blend today! No fire wood to cut or stack, just relaxing, with a Macallan Cask Strength, thinking about my next bowl....oh, and that soup!

C&D Blockade Runner here, a crumble cake. Awesome tin aroma and a very nice smoke. The latakia plays it's part nicely in the background with this one. I've got to admit that this blend is growing on me real fast. I'm about 1/2 way thru a 2oz tin and I will definitely order 1/2, if not a full, pound with my next order to them.

Smoked some Abingdon at the Briary in Birmingham yesterday. What a wonderful full bodied tobacco. It will be one of my regulars from here on out.

elidog said:
Smoked some Abingdon at the Briary in Birmingham yesterday. What a wonderful full bodied tobacco. It will be one of my regulars from here on out.

Abingdon? What is it, who makes it, how is it, and where does one get it? :lol:

Haha! :D

I bought it at the Briary in Birmingham and its made by GL Pease. Its a strong latakia mix. I think you would really enjoy it man!

You would enjoy the Briary even more though. Its a pipe smokers heaven. Getting to hang around and talk pipes with Skip Elliot is a real treat.

elidog said:

I bought it at the Briary in Birmingham and its made by GL Pease. Its a strong latakia mix. I think you would really enjoy it man!

You would enjoy the Briary even more though. Its a pipe smokers heaven. Getting to hang around and talk pipes with Skip Elliot is a real treat.

I don't really smoke pipes, but talking to Skip is a treat!

elidog said:

I bet it is a hoot! I have only been to Alabama once, and I don't see myself there again anytime soon. I went down for a wedding, and it is a beautiful state.

Eli, how would you compare it to Dunhill Night Cap?

Capt I've not had the Dunhill Night Cap so I couldnt say. Sorry man. I do like it as well as their new blend Maltese Falcon though. Its a just a little stronger than the Falcon.

GL Pease makes some great blends. I havent tried Abingdon yet, but I've heard good things about it.

The Briary is one of my favorite pipe shops. I don't get over there very often, but I recommend stopping by if you are in the area. Skip is one of the most knowledgable people that I know of whn it comes to pipes and pipe tobacco. He is also a great pipemaker. You can check out his work at the Briary's website. He has some of the best looking sandblasts that I've ever seen.

Sam

Pease is top notch tobacco. The only one I have smoked from him is Blackpoint, which is by far one of the greatest English blends out there. The smokiness of the Latakia is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.