What are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcochris said:
http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/

C&D is HANDS DOWN the best place for sampels. Just give them and call and either tell them what you want or tell them what you have liked and let them make the choices for you.

I think I'll give 'em a call on Monday. If I keep spending money on tobacco, I'll never save any money for my HAM rig! :shock:

I just got off the phone with Patty I presume? Very nice lady who is going to set me up with a varied sampler pack of her own choosing and we will narrow the focus from there.

Thanks to all!

I just smoked a bowl of 08 Christmas Cheer. Dang I love that stuff.

DL

SpecialEd said:
Been trying a couple of sampler packs here and there. I liked something called Trout Stream and a stronger one called English Stout, I think it was.

Somebody mentioned corn cob. I must say that I have had some of my most enjoyable smokes from a $12 Missouri Meerschaum!

Can someone recommend an online dealer with some good sampler packs?

Trout Stream is hands down my favorite aromatic! I have been smoking mostly English blends, Charring Cross, Blackpoint, Maltese Falcon and EMP.

So i smoked my first two bowls last night. I asked the question "which one should i smoke for my first bowl." and got the response "whatever smells the best to you."
So, with that advice, I smoked a 1/2 bowl of "Three Star Blue" is was just ok. Granted, I know nothing about pipe tobacco at this point, but i could tell this was not for me. So, once that went out I lit up a 1/2 bowl of "Old Growie" This was much better to me. I really enjoyed it and cant wait for my next bowl of whatever smells good at the time. :)

I smoked a bowl of C&D Old Joe Krantz this morning. Probably not the best choice for a morning smoke, got a little nic. kick, but a very great smoke. Kinda reminded me of smoking a cigar!

Ole Joe Krantz will knock your socks off for sure.

I smoked a half bowl of Key Largo... not for me

Had a tiny bowl of Grousemoor last night with some Cru D'or beer. Not a bad combo.

rmrdaddy said:
What was it like Chrissy?

I may be interested! :?:

Seemed heavy on latakia and orientals. I did not get much flavor from it just a lot of smokieness to it. more then welcome to what I got left. I split a tin with Dustin and I only smoked a bowl.

I am really getting into this pipe smoking!
I smoked a bowl of Victorian Stroll this morning after racquetball.

I'll be smoking something on the way home from work today...just dont know what! I have to decide on the pipe and the baccy. :mrgreen:

I have been smoking a pipe daily on my way home from work. Had some Maltese Falcon. For my taste it has become my favorite baccy.

Btw, I have found my newest mastro de paja is proving to be one stellar pipe. I would not be afraid to suggest one to anybody.

elidog said:
I have been smoking a pipe daily on my way home from work. Had some Maltese Falcon. For my taste it has become my favorite baccy.

Chris sent me a tin of Falcon a while back. It was a very enjoyable smoke for me. I need to light up a bowl this weekend.

DL

A few nights ago I smoked a bowl of Elegant Emu from my nice Calabash pipe. Thanks Chris! :thumbsup:

DL

I stumbled across a couple of tins of Erik Nording's Hunter Blend a week or so back. I am really enjoying the Retriever; "Clean smoking, lightly sweet and mellow to the taste, with a wonderful aroma, this blend of premium Virginias and Cavendishes is a classic." and Fox Hound; "The finest Cyprian Latakia and Orientals from Macedonia and Turkey give this mild English style blend it's smoothness and seductive aroma."

I prefer the former in the evening and the latter in morning or afternoon.

Olde Pawtomack Blend from Pufferspipes in a lovat. I think this one may unseat Spilman Mixture as my Favorite.

You need to just stop! I'm just getting settled in on Spilman's and now you name another one to pique my interest... :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.