What are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Nording freehand packed tight with some more McClelland 2015 to enjoy after church today.

Finishing up my bowl of G.L. Pease Rubosto after breakfast...I think of the ones I got in my sampler from C&D with cigar tobacco in them, this is my favorite.

Smoking some C&D Safe Harbor....mmmmmmmmm.........

Trying the C&D Autumn Evening now. As with all the other aromatics I've tried, the flavor isn't nearly as intense as the aroma. Perhaps that's why they're called aromatics and not flavored tobaccos. It's pretty good, but the aroma is awesome. The smell of the maple drifting in from the back porch has the dining room smelling like a pancake breakfast. The lady likes it a lot too.

Don't I wish... I still have to sneak smoking in the house on the weekends she works.

Right now I'm enjoying some C&D Espresso (#305) with a Kahlua & Coffee. This is a very nice aromatic, although I don't pick up the coffee aroma as much as the lady does. To me it's almost a caramel or toffee aroma. It's pairing great w/the drink.

Today it was GL Pease Barbary Coast in a Mark Tinsky half-bent dublin.
I have finally found a burley that agrees with me. Greg has a great hand for blending. I haven't found a blend of his that I don't like, but I've only tried a few as of yet.

If any of you have some cash to blow, check out Mark's pipes at http://www.amsmoke.com I have a few of his. Don't overlook the featherweights, and he does custom work. He can make a pipe with whateve bowl deminsions you want. Good for those of us who like smallish bowls. My to feather weights have diameter of 3/4" and a depth of 1". Best smoking pipes I've ever owned. If you decide to get one of his pipes let him know that I recommended them.

Sam

#108 Pegasus while the blizzard outside rolls on....nummy

another 3-5 inches of snow comin....this time some Black Gold Maple #772...got this in a trade...good stuff...wife to be jumped up off the couch and asked what I'm smoking...she likes this one.

I am getting serious cabin fever, between the end of bird hunting and trout season. I have been sitting at the fly tying bench for the last few days, bolstering the stock of dries, nymphs and streamers I plan on loosing to big trout, overhangs and trees this year.

Been smoking Pal O' Mine, Peter Stokebye Cherry, and a few other aromatics while tying away. Only 85 days left until trout season opens!!!

Safe Harbor flake...very good smoke. I also have Snug Harbor...but can't find it on the site...is the Safe Harbor unpressed?

#412A Billy Budd- A heavy Latakia blend with rough cut Burley, bright Virginia flake and a good amount of rough cut cigar leaf. Created for our late friend Sailorman Jack.
http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/english_blends.htm

This blend is absolutely delicious..damn near sublime without any age on it even....I would say my second favorite blend that I have tried thus far. I'm smoking my last bit of it right now...and I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a good friend...can't wait 'till he comes back for a visit...maybe next time as a lb.!! :lol:

Just finished a bowl of Haunted Bookshop (tin Date 5/29/07). Smoked out of a Peterson 303 Sherlock Holmes. A perfect early day blend to go with the Sumatra coffee, watching the snow storm as I tie flies.......

Smoking a big FAT bowl of C&D Safe Harbor in my Peterson...mmmmmm

Having some C&D Snug Harbor in my Pete..Craig sent me this last order, but I find it on his website.....is it Safe Harbor not pressed?

Just got ready to light up a bowl of Gawith Perfection, and the stuff turned to powder between my fingers! I am in the process of revitalizing it, so I loaded up a Castello Searock billiard half full of Nightcap from 9-06.

Just mixed some rubbed out Kajun Kake with roughly an equal amount of butterscotch aromatic. What a great combo! The butterscotch adds a touch of sweetness, the Kajun Kake adds the body and tobacco flavor.

I do this often with my heavy latakia blend but this is the first time for the Kajun Kake, but definitely not the last. I have to admit I like it better than the Kajun Kake by itself, and it's a great way to finish off this butterscotch that otherwise may have sat around for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.