What are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Ed, Tell Me this does not sound great.....In my experience it is a light and fragrant blend.

A mixture of three Burleys and Native American Smoking Herbs to which is added a mysterious and light flavoring. Return to the times of exploration, daring and the quest for settling a new and foreign land.

for under 2 bucks and ounce when you buy four ounces. how can you go wrong!

Of course it sounds great... that's just it, they all sound great! When I read through the descriptions at C&D or elsewhere, I want to try them all!

I've been trying the Olde Pawtomack, it falls somewhere between my morning/afternoon smoke, Spilman Mixture and my evening smoke, Nording's Retriever. So far it doesn't seem to hold it's flavor for me for more than half a bowl though.

Great service from Pufferspipes too.

SpecialEd said:
I've been trying the Olde Pawtomack, it falls somewhere between my morning/afternoon smoke, Spilman Mixture and my evening smoke, Nording's Retriever. So far it doesn't seem to hold it's flavor for me for more than half a bowl though.

Great service from Pufferspipes too.

Ed, I LOVE Nording's Retriever! I have 10 tins cellared, because I heard it was discontinued, but I don't think it is anymore.....If you fancy Retriever, try Trout Stream from pipesandcigars.com. I will gladly buy it from you if you don't find it as good or better than Retriever.

Just got back in from morel hunting behind the house, and smoking a bowl of Bob's Chocolate Flake from 10-06.

Interesting, when I first got adventurous and put in an order with Pipes&Cigars for some samplers the standout was Trout Stream. It was my favorite until I tried the Nording's just by chance. (Of course I'm partial to Retrievers :wink: ). I also like the Nording Fox Hound.

SpecialEd said:
Interesting, when I first got adventurous and put in an order with Pipes&Cigars for some samplers the standout was Trout Stream. It was my favorite until I tried the Nording's just by chance. (Of course I'm partial to Retrievers :wink: ). I also like the Nording Fox Hound.

LOL.. Funny, that is why I first tried Retriever, because of my lab. I still don't smoke much of the Nording pointer, even though I have some of those too. :lol:

Capt, can you make a few suggestions along the lines of Nording Retriever and Trout Stream? I am also enjoying Holgar Danske Mellow Orange for an evening/after dinner smoke.

Thanks,

SpecialEd said:
Capt, can you make a few suggestions along the lines of Nording Retriever and Trout Stream? I am also enjoying Holgar Danske Mellow Orange for an evening/after dinner smoke.

Thanks,

If there is any other aromatic I will recommend, it is McClelland Pal O' Mine. I promise you one bowl of this you will forget about the Trout Stream and Retriever. Imagine Retriever with a slight peach cobbler flavor. I can honsetly say if they really do stop making Retriever, this will be my go-to aromatic. Top notch from McClelland!

hi folks new to this board any of you use pipe cut tabacco to ryo i just baught 5lbs of good stuff menthol to roll my own any of you pipe smokers ever use tgs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wvduece said:
hi folks new to this board any of you use pipe cut tabacco to ryo i just baught 5lbs of good stuff menthol to roll my own any of you pipe smokers ever use tgs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard! Are you asking if we ever use Pipe tobacco to roll cigs, or if we ever smoke cig tobacco in our pipes?

Today I tried smoking some Petersons Sherlock Holmes, but it was being finicky. Leaving the rest to dry out a bit and I'll smoke it tomorrow.

Smoked a small bowl of Havana Collection's Nightcap, which apparently is an aromatic for them...

I'm currently smoking a rather cheap Black Cavendish. I pretty much stopped trying anything else around 20 years and many bad tastes in the mouth ago. Until around 10 years ago, I smoked a very nice Black Cavendish at the rate of around a pound a month. Now I maybe smoke around 10 pipes a month, but my cigar smoking has increased. Winter may bring back the pipe somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.