What did you drink today?

I startedthe New Year with a snifter of a 15 YO dalwinnie , single malt & my last Q-ban Monte A , a great way to start the new year, the Grandsons were here so I didnt get to bed till 4 am, well I pulled my self out of bed at 10 & made shrimp & tofu for them , HREAT BREAKFAST on NYDAY , took them home about 4 & have had the traditional pork & sourkraut , so here I sut in the Qtr.deck, Kenya AA & a snifter of CAOL ILA a JFR from Tabacaleria Tropical & the keyboard on my lap , it is almost 7 pm & the caol Ila (an Islay single malt( just might replace the laugavulin I have been drinking as a go to snifter at home ( at 70 bucks a bottle VS 48 ) the Caol Ila just might be the new go to dram, I have a Spayburn in my locker at work alomg with a macllens Islay& a Bowmore Islay, ( all 3 are under 25 a bottle & a good value for the bucks & a nuce taste to go with it , cant see giving away the bigbuck stuff when so many moochers stop in for a freee drink , most of them never bring a bottle in to share , if they did I wouldnt mind sharing the better stuff , but I enjoy the spayburn so why not save a buck or 2 at work, dammmmm I love this job, drink, smoke ,isten to music all day & get paid for it ! , so today it is a Caol Ila day at the Qtr,Deck , the temp is about 15F with the wind chill, a great day for a scotch , coffee & a cigar ! Enjoy, Vince

My wife got me a bottle of Glenmorangie single malt highland 10yo fo for xmas. Had me a glass for mew years was very smooth.

vince said:
...a snifter of CAOL ILA a JFR from Tabacaleria Tropical & the keyboard on my lap , it is almost 7 pm & the caol Ila (an Islay single malt( just might replace the laugavulin I have been drinking as a go to snifter at home ( at 70 bucks a bottle VS 48 ) the Caol Ila just might be the new go to dram,
Enjoy, Vince

Vince, is that the 12 or 18? I've been wanting to try the 12 and I've heard the 18 is not that much better than the 12.

acharpe said:
vince said:
.quote]

Vince, is that the 12 or 18? I've been wanting to try the 12 and I've heard the 18 is not that much better than the 12.

it is the 12 I havent had the 18 yet, looking FWD to it !

I bought a bottle of 12 y.o. Glenmorangie (aged in port barrels). I'm a little new to the single malt Scotch thing, but this is mighty tasty! And is going very well with this Fuente 8-5-8.

Port wine

kuzi16 said:
ok ... the parts was awesome.

not a single bottle of wine was under $35. 55 on the high end. this is usually out of my price range. i usually top out at around 25 or so.

i wish i could tell you all about them but i honestly dont remember the names . :wink:

Try port wine by Fonseca. It is has a very rich body with a semisweet flavor that goes great with just about any cigar. It is only about 18 a bottle.

today I have been sipping a Caol Ila 12yo sms with coffee on the side smokinga few sticks & staying out of the bosses way .... just like every sunday, the only things that change is the coffee, whisky & cigars, keeping out of her way is standard opperating procedures

Enjoy, Vince

I just got my beer fridge up and running. I enjoyed a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Ale. Prior to that, I had some Boddington's Pub Ale.

kuzi16 said:
been drinking brooklyn lager. nothing amazing but it sure is good in front of the fire.

Not wild about the lager, but the Chocolate Stout is very good and the IPA does what any good IPA should.

Bloofington said:
I know, me too. I'll start looking in on this thread more, and posting more hopefully, if time permits. For my Wednesday night hangout with a couple old friends, one from high school days, and with my body beginning to accept beer again, I raided my friend's fridge. He has a bunch of semi-powerful and powerful beers he bought for a former employee a few years ago, and they've been sitting in his fridge ever since.

The former employee's stash therefore, is now mine whenever I'm there. YEAH, BABY!!! I had an Orval 6.2% and a Westmalle 9.5%. I know the Westmalle was a Trappist Ale, and I believe the Orval had similar origins.

Westmalle is to die for. It is SO good.