What Happened to Cigar Wise? . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
I just got home and I'm not really settled yet, but I wanted to catch up on e-mails and some other stuff, but I can't load the Cigar Wise web site. CC, anyone that hangs there know what's up? :dunno: :dunno: :cry:

WHOA!!! That's BAD news. I'm bummed, too. Hope they fix it soon. Thanks for the information. :thumbsup:

There is a problem with the company that hosts the server?
or something like that -
"the hosting company is having a DNS issue "

It should be back up shortly!

Yeah, sure hope it gets up quick and not like last time.

Should we all use the "other" site since it was originally supposed to be a backup site for instances like this :roll:

:lol:

dropbass said:
Yeah, sure hope it gets up quick and not like last time.

Should we all use the "other" site since it was originally supposed to be a backup site for instances like this :roll:

:lol:

No comment. :roll:

All is well

• Let's watch your "trigger control" (the "Submit" button) and not be too anxious, especially if you are on a Dial-Up connection!

And that's why there's an Edit --> Delete This Post function available to you! - Ming

All is WELL?!?!?!?? I can't get it. Is there a new web site address, or should I just clean all my cookies and restart my computer?

All WAS well for a while,, then while changing pages it all just went away... Some day maybe...

I cleared my cookies, cache, history, rebooted, and nothing. I'm getting the 404 "Not Found" message. This is bad news. "They're breakin' up that ole gang o' mine." :evil:

The need to switch over to lunarpages.com.

The current server while at most times seems reliable---two times a year or more of multiple day downtime is not good, expecially for a forum based community.

Now, they are showing the Cigar Wise logo with a statement that "the new Cigar Wise is coming!" It can't come soon enough. I have a feeling this is a bit more than a server problem. :dunno:

Bloofington has been BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Shame on you

Van says the site has been hacked. All is being done that can be done to get things going again.

I'll update as I get info.

Oh, and by all means, pass along that just like when ABC radio fired Bob Grant back in April '96, and Curtis Sliwa "sat Shiva" for him, we're sitting Shiva for youse guyz ovuh heah. Keep the FAITH!!!

THE HCF WILL LIVE ON. THE HCF WILL ALWAYS FIND A HOME.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wine: :cheerschug: :cheers: :birthday:

Ive read on Vbulletin where you can get sripts to do such.

Wonder if a post will surface that identifies a certain user searching for such a hack.

I want to say it is'nt so. I hope not. That would truly be bad.