being an artist i guess i do not have to

great list though
i will have to try some of these
and get them in my humidor

oh yeah...got me a box of hoyo de monterrey rothschild
this weekend
also picked up several
romeo y julieta reserve maduro no. 4

Hi. I have 10 Romeo Churchills, a box of beetle eaten Romeo No3s a half box of Montecristo No3s 6 Bolivar Tubo no3s and a Half box of Montecristo No5s

Currently in my 'dor, I have some Free Cuba Churchills (Tasty & Inexpensive), a Macanudo Hyde Park Robusto, a Cu'Avana Robusto, a Legends Series (Perdomo), and some Coticas Rothchilds that I am trying to re-hydrate.

Hmmm..... I think it's time to go and find some bargains :D

Best To You All!

Barry

Okay, Here is what I have stored in my Cabinet:

La Aurora Cien Anos - Churchill
Padron Londres Maduro
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel
CAO Anacondas
Davidoff Special R Tubos
Oliva Masters Blend - Torpedo
Punch Rothchild Maduro
2 Cusano C10's
CAO L'anniversaire Maduro Belicoso
La Gloria Cubana Figurado Flechas Especiales
Punch Rare Corojo Pitas
Some VSG Sorcerers
Punch Darts
Aurora Independenca Robustos
Camacho Diploma Maduro

Then I keep My Opus and Rare Fuente Box stored in there as well, that has a bunch of different sticks such as the Chilli peppers, Forbiddens, BTL's, God of Fire ect...

I feel like I'm forgetting some things, I'll check when I go home and let you know! I have another box that sits on top of that with about 200 Misc sticks, Davidoffs, Graycliffs, Padron 6000 Maddy's, and a bunch more I forgot about :wink:

Both boxes are just starting to smell great everytime I open them, makes me want to get a knife and fork and eat'em up!! :shock: :shock:

I've gotta say, Tree Frog has an impressive box of smokes. Spreadsheet is a great idea. I'll have to try that and do a better list of my sticks.

new to the site, so not sure if i should list my best from the forbidden island; but can't resist! i have about 200 assorted that i have on the top shelf: monte 2 / monte tubos / monte c limtada / cohiba siglo vi / cohiba corona especial / vegas ro unicos / trinidad fundadores / part serie d / punch punch / hoyo, romeo, fonseca & upmann coronas / bolivar belicosos, etc. i also keep all of my opus along side my cubes.

the other stash is a pretty wide mix as well. the cheapies(but by all means very good smokes) :shock: include: fighting cock robustos, cigar.com cuban label, don diego, and some vintage luna azul churchs.

i am trying new cigars constantly so my better selections rotate. right now i'm looking at about 200 or so:

various onyx reserve / padron / la gloria cubana chisel / carlos torano signature torp / various avo robustos / cao brazil / montes / and a few sticks that i can;t think of without running back downstairs.

honestly; wow. i didn't realize it was that much. guess i need to go lessen it by another tonight!

Welcome to the board HS!

Geez, now I'm drooling after reading the sticks you listed. I don't have some of the top shelf brands you keep in your humi, but I like to buy the occasional Fuente or a La Gloria Cubana. Most of my smokes are the budget daily types, but I'm still picky about flavor and construction. So far my favorite "everydays" are Trinidad y Cia's from J&R and Free Cuba's from CI.

Nice stock you have, they remind me of what my grandfather used to keep in his humi :D

Again, Welcome!

Barry

:D
thanks Barry!

happy to find this place.

it is actually shocking to me that i've accumulated these sticks; all within the last 6-7 mos. ran into an island connect that hooked me up cheap! and the rest come from almost weekly trips to the cigar shop and orders from cigar.com (love 'em).

i am also a very avid bargain hunter!! i've picked up ever opus for less than $15 a piece; and am not above buying discount bundles or clearance sticks anytime i find them! i just love the cuban label cigar.com and its less than $3! if you havn't had 'em your missing out. i am going to have to try some of the free cubas on the next ci order, too.

again, thanks for the praise. hope to keep chatting.

Dave

How is that siglo VI? The Siglo V has been a long time favorite of mine. Also, glad to hear a cuban enthusiast enjoys the cuban label so much. I was feeling all alone. If you are looking for a real value keep your eyes open for a new brand Cigar.com is going to carry in the next two months called "Honduran Primeros" From what I understand they have a habano wrapper and will come in wheels of 50 for $50.00 At least this is what my account manager at Cigar.com told me. He sent me an unbanded sample that he had laying around and it was amazing and I am an everyday cuban label smoker. Anyway just a heads up I guess. Nice collection Dave, you are making my salivate and it is not even 8am.

8)
morning macallan. it's about 830am here. since going back through my stuff last night; i've looked at my humidor about a dozen times. you just have to appreciate how a fine cigar can make you smile. :wink:

the siglo vi sticks i've had have been nothing less than than all the hype they can muster! very flavorful from head to toe. not as overpowering and strong as i expected. woody with the right complex additions of cream undertones and mild spices. each one had been smoked down to abount an inch. never harsh or bitter to the end. worth it if you can get 'em!! try to get 'em without the tube; makes 'em much more $, and does nothing more than to give you something to look at.

have you tried the vegas robaina line? suprisingly impressive!!! super dark and rich and oily!! very full bodied!! a definate staple in the humidor from now on(unicos - torpedo)! what's your take on swaps?

have a great day out there. don't forget to slow down and smell the smoke!

Dave

the vegas unico is one of my all time favorites. I think it puts the monte no. 2 to shame not to mention the fact that they are hardly ever counterfited and are a great value as far as Cubans go.

Welcome HS, I think you'll love it here, there are great people who are willing to share this great hobby. I'm glad to hear there are a couple Cuban Label lovers out there, it's really not bad for the price. I've just started to get more involved with "The Forbidden Island" myself, although I have to say I'm a Honduran Junkie heading up the race, with Dominican in a close second with Nicaraguan closely in third...

hey guys :D

im am so in love the the cubes! please let me know your favs from the rest o' the world. i'm finding it hard to find true consistant smokes for the $; that con compete!! i have honestly had a hard time paying the price, when i could get cubes for the same or less!

as i mentioned before; i am always willing to try 'em all! give me some insight if you could.

i need to really start recording my thoughts on each new stick. i tend to forget sometimes what was what and which were the ones i really liked.

ttys,
dave

I might as well throw in my petty selection. I used to keep a variety in my desktop humidor, but I found a cigar shop in TN that has an excellent house brand cigar, so when I ran out of other cigars, I bought a box of those. And I have a couple CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroons too. I know, I've gone overboard. I'm ashamed of myself.

:shock: no selection is petty if you get the enjoyment that you want out of it!!! true, some cigars are better than others; but at hat particular moment; there are none better than the one you are smoking!!

i have enjoyed a $2 cigar at the right moment; as much as a cuban siglo vi when that is appropriate.

when you are ready for something different in your humi; you will no doubt add it.

i think i'll actually pull out a $.80 fighting cock robusto now! just right with my molson canadian.