Whats ticklin your fancy these days?

Joined Apr 2006
1K Posts | 0+
Watching Eli smoke Robs cigars
What’s the best stick or sticks you have smoked recently? I ask because I'm simply amazed how my pallet has changed over the past couple of years. Things that I used to love are just so-so and some others things that were simply to strong or complex I now enjoy much more and are at the top of my list.

For me I have really been enjoying the Tatuaje Havana VI line. The East and West versions are simply put some of the finest cigars on the market regardless of origin to my taste. Even cigars from Cuba will be put to the test by those two in my opinion. On the budget end the Oliva Series V Lancero is an awesome smoke. Dollar for dollar its one of my favorites right now. So what have you been smoking that has impacted you in a big way recently? Oh btw this is meant to be about non Cubans. :D We can talk up the Cuban goodies another day on the Cuban forum.

I totally agree on the Oliva Serie V. I love the Lancero. The Torpedo and Double Robusto are also fantastic. At ten bucks a stick, I would still smoke them. For five and change for the Lancero, they are just awesome. I bought a box before, and I think I may have to get another one. I know the Torpedo's the one that CA drooled over, but the other sizes are great as well.

Another one I loved is the Padron 80th. It's a 30 dollar plus cigar that is worth it to me. I can't smoke it every day, but it's not a cigar that I feel like I lost any money on. I've never had a perfecto burn so well. It's even smoother than a 1926 but packed with flavor. I can't wait to try it in the Natural wrapper.

I just picked up a box of the La Flor Dominicana Lancero Double Ligero Oscuro. Once upon a time, it was solely for Litto Gomez for his personal smoke. I can see why. It doesn't have as much ligero as some of the other sizes due to the ring gauge, but in terms of amount of flavor, it may be the best of those I've smoked in quite a while.

One more...the Tatuaje East Coast. I have yet to smoke my West Coast, but the East Coast is phenomenal. Tatuaje improved on the standard Havana VI line, which is quite an accomplishment.

Any of these cigars will not do you wrong. If you have some you love, post away!

The Gran Habano 5 is one I havent had in a while but have always loved. I need to revisit those! IIRC they are a great price too.

Two of my favorites keep jumping out of the humidor lately, the Oliva Series G, and REO by Rocky. Both cigars are smooth, with lots of good flavors, and they are cheap - what more can you ask for??

Currently I am always looking to have stonger and stonger stix! I have been smoking later in the day, after dinner usually. So anything full bodied and flavored, has been what I am trying for. Examples I have recently had RP edges in both Corojo and Maduro, a San Cristobal and I just had an Opus X the other night. I enjoyed them all, I could not picture myself having a mild cigar anymore.

Njsmokey,

You can't imagine yourself smoking a cusano 18 double conn?

I like full bodied cigars most of the time but there are still a few smokes out there that just taste good mild.

I do still enjoy them, but I think they are a little towards med. They have alot of flavor for a so called mild cigar. It was my first stick ever and I have two in the humi now. Thats why I still want a box but always seem to buy something else.

I have been on a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon kick lately. Got a bunch of these at a great price. very well balanced cigar.

Flag whats an average price for those? I just bought 10 for $40. I never had any La Auroras before...lol

My favorite smoke right now is the excalibur 1066 Dark Knight. I also have been smoking Oliva series V, CAO America, And CAO brazillias.

OK, here it is, many months later, and those REO's are still calling me on a regular basis. To mix it up lately though, I have been developing a taste for El Cobres. Go figure.

Gordo; are you going Bloofy on us and aging the stong sticks for years before you smoke them. El Cobre. Didn't they shut down that line again for a second time a year ago?

Before I left Charleston a couple places got Illusiones in stock. Those are some amazing cigars. I'd call them medium in terms of strength, but so much flavor. I may have to get on Newhavana and order some. Also, J. Fuego makes an excellent cigar. I really like their Corojos. I'm smoking one right now and loving it.