Whats Your Favorite Cigar

Joined Oct 2004
167 Posts | 0+
Tacoma, WA
I like to enjoy a good cigar once in a while (about once a week). I like the maduro (dark) wrapped the best. Usually I get Hoyo De Monterrey Double Corona's. I also like Partagas No. 1, or Partagas Spanish Rosado. Whats your taste in cigars. I think a cigar forum would go good on this web site.

La Gloria Cubana Serie R, #4 &#5. I used to smoke double corona sizes when I had a 3 hour drive to work, but now I don't devote 2 hours to a cigar smoke. I stick to robustos+/- now. That is my favorite. I also like Sancho Panza, La Aurora, Bolivar, Perdomo, Astral, & a few others. Ever tried Acid by Drew Estate? That is one weird smoke. 8)

For non-Cuban, I like the Fuente Opus X, any size. For Cubans...well... I like them all. :lol:

For a Tampa smoke, I like the El Coronas - still hand-rolled here in Ybor City.

Dad unknowingly got me into Jamaican Macanudos when I was about 14 - used to sneak one or two from his box before Boy Scout camping trips (times sure have changed!).

For speck and catfish fishin' on the river where they can get wet and ruined, nothing beats a Backwoods.

flcracker

Im with Fernando, Fuente Fuente Opus X perfection no. 5. ANY Cuban, but the Romeo/Juliet Churchill is fine.

JMHO

I perfer to be able to run for miles and still keep going.....

For size I like the robusto. For wraper I like the maduro. One of my favorite cigars are the Santa Rosa. I also like the Fidalgo, Macunudo, and the Romeo y Juliet. I am really an amature when it comes to cigars, so I am still exploring what I like.

Martin

kbar,

Cuban, all that needs to be said, Boom, Done, Next.

XXIV Corps :wink:
DMZ 70-7

I hope you'all don't think the worse of me for it.
I've smoked more Backwoods Cigars than any of those fancy ones from Tampa or Habana.

Eric

"Pirate 762" When I was in the duty free store in Mexico City. they had some Romeo-ya-Julieta's from Havana. They were about $7.00 ea. I bought a couple of them. Wish I would have bought more, they were one od the best cigars I've had. They came in those silver tubes.

if you can afford cigars you're not buying enough guns and ammo.

fubar said:
if you can afford cigars you're not buying enough guns and ammo.

Sorry but think you have this backwards.

Eric

Life's too short to do without anything.

I went to Havana A few years ago out of Cancun. Ya I know I wasnt suppose to, being an american and all but had a great time. Stayed with a family there who rented out there top floor. well she pulls out a suit case. I was wondering what she was doing, because I could tell she was hidding somthing. She opened it up and there where wooden boxes Of Cohibas and Monti Cristos :p I asked how much? 25.00 for the Montis and 30.00 for the Cohibas. So I ask per cigar or for the whole box. Per box she said :eek: :p Of course this to good to true they had to be seconds or have worms or somthing. But they were the real thing. I dont like cigars but have plenty of buddies who would die for a Cuban cigar so I took one of each. To my surprise (there were no stamps on the boxes) she pulls out a sheet of tax stamps and places them where they are suppose to go :eek: Now each box looked legal. 3 of my buddies were there and one got 2, one got 3 and one got 4 boxes we were good to go. Here is the scam. One is allowed 2 boxes out of cuba so I was good but 2 of us were detained and they had to give up there overage so we all left cuba with 2 boxes. Even having to give up those boxes we were still way ahead of the game. Since a Box of Cohiba can run anywhere from 175.00 - 250.00 a box. 2nd part of the scam is, your only aloud one box back into Mexico. :evil: So now we all have one box :evil: :lol: but still after all the confiscations we all still saved some bucks :p

I have heard of people mailing cigars back into the US with no problems. Obviously, they didn't declare they were cigars, but regardless it worked.