Whats Your Favorite Cigar

Kbar, they are really great. Got a couple of boxes in Guatemala in January. They were about $7.00US each. I believe the silver tubes are lined with cedar IIRC.

Nice smokes.

Favorite smokes?

Padron Anniversario (Nicaragua/Honduras)

La Flor de Cano (Cuba)

Topper Old Fashioned Extra Oscuro (Connecticut)

Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 (D.R.)

My favorite cigar? The one I'm not couped up with when the other guy lights it and fogs the room up and makes me wonder why I didn't get myself a gas mask. Don't ya'll know those are chemical weapons? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now all you Cuban cigar guys do know that all the best wrappers and seed have long sence been smuggled out of of the country years ago.

The best cigars are from the Dominican Republic.

That should start a GOOD fight! :lol: :p :wink:

mustanger98 said:
My favorite cigar? The one I'm not couped up with when the other guy lights it and fogs the room up and makes me wonder why I didn't get myself a gas mask. Don't ya'll know those are chemical weapons? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Along those lines, that is like being next to a person that is shooting in an indoor range or when you load your own ammo. Lead contamination and absorption wreaks havoc on your system much quicker and much deadlier that cigar smoke. But I don't see reloaders wearing latex gloves when they load ammo or respirators when they shoot in indoor ranges. Everything will kill you sooner or later.

Two of my favorites is the Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur size 7"x50 and the CAO Tubo II boxed pressed w/ cameroon wrapper. 8)

It's great to see so many cigar people here. I think you'll all like our cigar forum at the AmBack site.

Cohiba%20Avatar.gif

My every day smoke is the HELIX XP, a maduro Connecticut Broadleaf -wrapped 6 x 54 Torpedo. These are cheap, but I have been consistently disappointed in expensive cigars. My smoking is done mostly outdoors, so I want the strongest taste. I like an easy draw, and the Helix provides that, although it's a very firm cigar. Out of a box of 25, there will be one or two that need the burn corrected or have a tight draw. I run two small humidors, ordering a new box of Helix when I get down to last cigar in humidor #1. Then, I smoke from humidor #2, which has been aging for a month or more (I average about one cigar every two days). The best deal on these and most other cigars is Rocky's Cigars on the net. Excellent selection, prices and service.

I've had the Opus X and while it was a good smoke it wasn't two and a half times as good as a $10.00 Montecristo or Romeo y Julietta. I've had some Cubans as well and was underwelmed by the poor construction and improper aging.

My favorite smoke is a Connecticut shade Dominican made Credo. I like the large diameter robusto, and double corona sizes. The Credo cigar is adorned a fine light yellow band. A very well balanced, creamy cigar. I don't know if they're still made and I would like to find some more. I think I have a couple left in my stash. I hope to be in Florida soon (WPB), maybe I'll look for some.

Now that the cigar craze is past hopefully the industry will shake out the incompetent rollers. My biggest beef about cigars was paying $10.00 for something that draws like a piece of dowell pin.

Dan

Steve k said:
Since a Box of Cohiba can run anywhere from 175.00 - 250.00 a box.

Where in the blue blazes are you finding a box of Cohibas in the US for $175-$250? Are you talking about the Red Dots? Or the actual Cubans? Last time I checked in Canada (Vancouver and or Winnipeg when I'm up there) Cuban Cohibas were going for closer to $500-$800 (US) per box, depending on the size. The Red Dot (bastardized US Cohibas) don't even compare.

The best cigar in the world is the (Cuban) Bolivar Royal Corona. Anyone who says differently has never tried one. :lol:

But if I'm stuck smoking non-Cubans, I do prefer the Padron 3000, La Gloria Cubana Double Corona, or the Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Fuente. The Opus X is a good smoke, too... but it's too hard to locate with any regularity.

I buy all of my smokes in the US from Famous Smoke Shop (http://www.famous-smoke.com). And I can't say for certain (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) but I hear that A.E. Lloyd in London, England, will gladly ship Cuban cigars to US addresses via 2nd Day delivery for a nominal courier fee. And, supposedly (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) the original cigar box and bands are shipped separately from the actual cigars, just in case the box gets inspected at Customs. Again, though, this is all second hand information and here-say. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) If you want to check them out, visit their site at http://www.aelloyd.com -- you can also sign up for their newsletter/what's new list. And, conveniently, all prices are also listed in US dollars. :D

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I tried to get the handle of "Cohiba" for this forum. But someone else already had it.

My favorite cigars are;

-Montecristo #2
-Montecristo #4
-Cohiba Esplendido
-Romeo Y Julietta Churchill

Since I am Canadian, these are all Cuban of course. :wink:

But I do find the good Dominican cigars to be just as good as the Cubans.Some even better. :D

SKBY.

djl4570 said:
I've had some Cubans as well and was underwelmed by the poor construction and improper aging.
Dan

Sound like a common problem - Not smoking the real things!
There are more fake Cubans in the world.
I think it is common for someone to get what they think is a real Cuban and think this is crap and that is what it is!
There is nothing in the world that comes close to a fine Habanos!

My favorite - Monte Robusto EL - Can I find them?
I have a few left, but finding them (original release - NO)
Also the Partagas Pyramid EL falls to the same fate!

I really like the Cohiba Siglo IV. I'd say that this is my favorite smoke "go to" smoke.

ptrthgr8,
I wanted to comment on your post above.
Both Canada & England have very high taxes.
Almost if not 100% of the original price.
It is scary ordering of the net, there are a lor of fake cigars out there.
But with a little luck and some research there are some places
that will ship into the US with satisfaction Guaranteed!
Paying more and getting the real thing is better than buing fakes, but
paying twice what they are worth is no fun!
IMHO
CC