Whats Your Favorite Cigar

Ahhhhhhhh, somebody once opened up a discussion just like this on a web site I used to inhabit years ago. If you are confining this discussion JUST to Cubans, I'd have to go with a Cohiba Esplendido. By the way, I never, and I never have, smoked the same cigar twice in a row. The same with my bourbon and rye sipping, never the same thing twice in a row, so your question about every day for the rest of my life is sort of depressing. Even if it was my favorite cigar, I'd be bored out of my mind by the fourth day or so. :D

wow that is a really great answer. I often get discouraged when people say they will only smoke one cigar. Variety is the spice of life. Particularly when it comes to cigars. How can anyone really settle in to just one thing when you have so many countries putting out so many great brands year after year. You mentioned you liked the dunhill. Did you by chance get the opportunity to try a Griffins XX 20th anniversary cigar when they rolled out this year. If you missed out I would srongly recommend trying one after reading some of your posts I think you would like it.

I'll keep that in mind for future purchases. I wouldn't be surprised because the regular Griffin's Prestige was always one of my favorites. I just recently bought a lot of cigars, partially for restocking my four desk tops, and partially for gifts/trades, and also restocked my bourbon and rye collection, so the wallet is shut down. I'll definitely look out for that one for some purchases I plan on hopefully six months from now. Thanks for the tip.

Normally I would say, the one I am currently smoking is my favorite. Hard to pick just one, but right now I am in love with the CAO MX2.

Eric :lol:

Bolivar Corona - Cuban Tobacco

Full flavoured, a very complex taste which sometimes almost seems sweet.

Finally!!

kbar, who first started this thread seems to share a fav of mine, being the Partagas Spanish Rosado. Everyone I meet in person loves this smoke, but it doesn't seem to get alot of love overall. My other notable favs are the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro, Toro size, and for my cheapie, Flor de Oliva maduro, toro of course.

Hmmm... in order

Premiums
Camacho Diploma (natural or maduro)
Cusano C10
OpusX any size
Davidoff Special R
Fuente Anejo
Cusano Hermanos
Grey Cliff Crystal
Diamond Crown (regular not maximus)
Ashton VSG
Gurkha Symphony
Oliva Master Blends
Gurkha Regent
Oliva O Maduro

Every Day Value Smokes
Flor De Oliva Bundles (all wrappers)
Sol Cubano (all wrappers)
Cigar.com Label (Cuban, Cameroon, or Purple)

Nice list, Macallan. BennyH, for the record, it sounds great but when I see "rosado" I have a tendency to shy away. That's generally a cigar that's too strong for me. I like mostly Girly Man cigars and when I get something like a Cuban cigar or any Non-Cuban with a rosado wrapper, I'll age them for a lonnnnnggggg time before smoking them. I don't like ending up on the floor looking at Earnie Shavers sneering down at me after I smoke a cigar. Those rosado wrapper cigars can hit just as hard as a strong Cuban. :D

Welcome, and thank you for the information. I'm not sure about the specific box codes of the three that now reside in my humidors, but one thing's for sure. They didn't come from a glass or clear plastic topped box. :sm_angel:

Bloofington said:
They didn't come from a glass or clear plastic topped box. :sm_angel:

I am glad to hear it! :D

Thanks for the welcome Bloofmaster. :thumbsup:

My favorites and recommendations

C.A.O Brazilia Gol and Cohiba Red Dot (Dominican) Churchill are what I've been stocking my humidor with recently. Other cigars that have made a lasting impression are:
- Fuente 8-5-8 (any wrapper - even the candella has a nice flavor)
- Carlos Torano Reserve Torpedo
- C.A.O Gold
- Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur
- La Aurora Perferido Platinum No.2
- Ashton Churchill

I would recommend ANY of the above plus a few others.

In general, outside of the offerings from C.A.O (which I will always recommend), I tend toward the Dominicans. I once had a Cuban Romeo y Julieta petite corona a friend of mine smuggled form a skiing trip. If I could get my hands on more of them legally, I wouldn't pass up the chance; but I think the Dominicans are just as good.

Very nice list, Gyrepin. We share some favorites. Ooooooh, thanks for the reminder about Fuente candelas.