When Vince mentioned Hawaiian Kona . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
yesterday, it reminded me how great a day starter that coffee is, and how long it had been since I had any. Being short on money, I couldn't afford a whole pound, so I dropped $15 on a half pound at The Marketplace in Grand Central prior to leaving the city for home on Monday morning.

Woke up to a Freedom Press of it earlier this evening, and I tell you, those folks in Hawaii are getting better and better at this stuff, and they've always been great, but the Hawaiian Kona over the past couple of years has been the best I've ever had.

Although I'm still working on all those beans my father sent me from Puerto Rico, and am glad to save the money, it still gets quite monotonous drinking the same coffee time after time, so the Kona provided a wonderful break, although a half pound of it will only make it through six Freedom presses in my house. Better space 'em out.

Live well, my friend & enjoy life with every beat of the heart ! who said that when we die the body must be in good shape , when I go it will be sliding sideways in to the grave screaming , "WOW WHAT A RIDE "
well its time to kick back with a cigar & some port I think tonight, I did have a Fonseca 2-2 after lunch but I have this Padron 4000 that has been calling my name since Sunday , the coffee is almost done (Ethopian Yorgachef) 10 cups of water 6 large scoops of fresh ground beans , in the drip maker , I am just too lazy to boil water for the Freedom press , & the drip maker is easyer to clean !
BING, its done ,time to go ! Enjoy, Vince