Where have all the OpusX gone?

Joined Feb 2006
285 Posts | 0+
Anyone around able to get opus? I noticed Cigar.com is almost completely sold out. Are they just sending everything to Vegas and Casa Fuente now? :evil: The bastards. WE built them. I guess WE can tear em down.

Check Thor's humidor. Last time I looked, he had about 89% of them.......

Hey cutter!

How you been?

Yeah, Opus are hard to come by these days. Except in Cali. That's only because they cost as much as a car payment and no one wants to buy them!

I'll be in Vegas next weekend. Goin' to Casa Fuente to get a few of the Casa Fuente sticks. I'll toast you when I'm enjoying one with some scotch!

I think they only come out for the holidays and Super Bowl. You're lucky to find them at this time of year. Maybe we all need to pay hammondc a visit. :D

Come on down. It is McCrainies smoke shop on Park Rd. Go in the humidor, immediately to the right beside the door. middle shelf on the end.

I haven't seen too many around my way either. Every now and again my local shops get them in. What I've found is the OpusX sticks don't even get to the shelf. The regulars snatch them up within a day or two of the shops getting them. I got my hands on a big lot um back in late 02. I've smoked them as special occasion sticks only so I have a got lot left. Think these are good now, try them with a few years of age on um :thumbsup:

the local shop in my area usually has some of them in stock most of the time I go in. Finding maduro Hemingways or 8 5 8 seems to be harder for them. Prices are pretty good too.

Hey I don't have that many of them!!! But the Collection is slowly getting larger....But this is what I have....

Attachments

• opus 1.JPG
    opus 1.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 504
  • top shelf.JPG
    top shelf.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 504
I am dying to try one of those barber pole guys in the back of the secon pic. what are they and were can I get them?

Those are Hemmingway Between the Lines......

They only released twice a year, and I think only about 200-300 boxes are produced a year....I know cigar.com has them every now and then, but they are a little expensive....

I want to try one of the Opus Sharks that I have, It's hard for me to light them up though.....

Thanks Thor, I will be on the lookout for them. Go ahead and roast it, why have em if you don't smoke em

That is a good point, for a good occasion I guess...

But sometimes the best occasion is not having one at all!!

I do!! Well, every once and a while...
Just ask my dad, we smoked a couple last week!! I barely ever smoke any of these actually....I want to let them sit a while....Even though Carlito says they are not meant to be aged, they age great!

The market has been pretty dry. Usually you see a heavy inflow right after fathers day on the second market but they are few and far between thisyear.

I don't know if anyone is still looking for smoe opus's but if you are here is a site that has some. I don't know if the prices are resonable or not as I have never smoked one or bought any. This site says that that have complete boxes, sealed boxes, singles, and samplers. http://www.educatedcigar.com

Interesting site webesmoked. Has anyone ever purchased any opusX from this site?