Who's up for a BOX PASS

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Chicago Born/Raised. Hollywood CA Resident
I thought it'd be fun to do a box pass with some of the members here.

Here are some rules and guidelines I had when part of another pass.

We should limit this to about ten People, give or take. And I'll be the first to send it off with twenty sticks, and the last to recieve it. The rules are pretty easy, if you take a Cuban, put a Cuban in it's place, if you take a high end, please replace it with something comprable. Here are the rules:

1. I will fill the box with an initial inventory of 20 cigars/.

2. Each player may take from the box up to 5 cigars of his/her choice and will be expected to replace the "takes" with an equal number of "puts" of approximately the same monetary value as the takes (based on MSRP). However, remember that some sticks may be harder to find and take that into account when determining value, the same goes, Cuban for Cuban (hopefully they will all have that Chicken Sh*t aroma.) :lol:

3. Use the best judgement when shipping the package, since they are cigars, USPS Priority or FedEx please, and please insure it for what it's worth, To be determined.

4. Please do NOT under any circumstances add flavored or artificially aromatic cigars to the box (NO LARS, NO ACIDS, NO HAVANA HONEYS, ETC.)

5. Again, Theremay be Cuban cigars in the initial inventory . It would be bad form to take all the Cubans and replace them with non-Cubans or fakes.

6. If your puts are not in cellophane, please wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in an individual bag to protect them.

7. If necessary, please replace the outer shipping box before sending the box to the next player. I will include a couple humidi bags, (these are easy to use, if for some reason the one the pass comes with is dried out, simply put the new one in water until it swells up) but if humidification seems to be a problem, please address it before sending the box on.

8. I will include pre-printed address's and a list of the passers in the order they are to receive the box. Please write down your takes and puts on the list and post them on this thread as well.

9. I'll post the starting inventory with pictures and the order of pass, after all participants are in and the box is ready to start its first leg.

10. If anyone has any suggestions to make this pass more fun, let me know.

11. We're relying on every player to be fair and to avoid unnecessary delays in completing the circuit.

I'm doing this in good faith, everyone here seems to be stand up characters so hopefully we'll keep the streak going. So let's have some fun with it!

:!: And Please Stay True to rule number 2! This is the only way to really make it fair and a good way for people to get some really good stuff.
Anybody Game?

Please PM me your addresses after you post here, saying you want to be included in the pass, Thanks! :D

im in too, ive heard of people doing these before, ive always wanted to try it. sounds fun! addy pmed.

how much more does it cost to get tracking numbers? might not be a bad idea.

I'm compiling a list of stogies, so far I've an Opus, an Anejo, two Choix supremes (cuban), a Diploma or two.....I'm still thinking of what else to drop in, but hopefully that'll be enough to get the ball rolling and spark some interest, that's only 5 or 6 sticks so far....

I believe it's free to get tracking numbers, otherwise, it'll be worth whatever the extra cost is, Good call

jihiggs said:
how much more does it cost to get tracking numbers? might not be a bad idea.

.45 - but if you use insurance you can track with that number so no need for both. (so I am told - i'd double check this)

Wow I cant believe people arent jumping on this. Dont be intimidated these things are fun and there is a wide selection in these things so there will be something in there that fits what you have in your humidor. Come on in, the water is fine.

Not sure that I will join this, just to much going on right now to say yes.
I will offer to aid anyone in doing their puts and takes.
(what you want & what you will add)
It is good to have an outsider with no interest in outcome.
Also good to check (before mailing the box) to make sure everything is of equal value.
CC

Okay, I've got the list...and I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

2 El Rey del Mundo Choix Supremes (Cuban)
2 Camacho Diplomas
1 Opus X Super Belicoso
1 Anejo 46
1 VSG Sorcerer
1 Padron 64 Piramide (Anniversario, not the newer anniversary)
1 Padron 6000 Maduro
1 Gurkha Legend Churchill
1 CAO Palms (This Cigar was never publicly released, but made for the 2004 Super Bowl Party in Las Vegas for the winning team and A listers...take it for what it's worth :wink: )
1 Rare Corojo Magnum
1 Rocky Patel 92 Torpedo
1 Peterson Robusto
1 C18 Robusto
1 C10 Corona
1 Camacho Monarca Candela
1 La Fontana Churchill
1 Sol Cubano Maduro
1 Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Natural

There might be a couple variations in size or extras thrown in there, and I'd put more cubans but I don't have any right now... :cry:

I was able to assemble 15 of the sticks, I'll have to wait until I get home for the other five, but anyway here is a start at what we're looking at.

Attachments

• 15-for-Box-Pass.jpg
    15-for-Box-Pass.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,358
alright, we have 4 now, including me...

wow. that is an incredible idea. As much as I want to join, I will be gone for a couple days away form my address. Maybe ill catch the next round. * I am not joining this box pass*

These things take a couple weeks, we could aoways put you near the end of the list if you like blackwater...Just let me know

cigarsmoka said:
These things take a couple weeks, we could aoways put you near the end of the list if you like blackwater...Just let me know

I have run a few passes & it will take more than a couple weeks.
Figure a good turn around time for a person is 3-4 days.
& taking 5-6 is not unheard of.
Checking prices and figure out what you want can change after each person.
Communication is important.
It is much fun to see what a person takes and puts.

A wonderful idea but I need to adjust my inventory upward to be fair. My Cuban inventory is only 8 cigars( 5 Hoya Double Coronas & 3 Monte #2) and nothing else higher in value than Padron 3000.When might the next box pass be offered? When my inventory is right-I'd play this game constantly.
Malone
PS Anyone have any experience with ARO Cigars in Montreal.They offer a ARO label Cuban made in Cuba to their specs. for $150 a box of 25 plus +/- $20 shipping.Interesting is any good.