Wine coolers/fridge for warm weather places

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 1+
Copied from a friends post: TampsPSD4
http://www.cigarwise.net/forums/showthr ... ine+cooler

TampsPSD4 said:
Many of us that live in warmer climates have found that the "Wine Cooler Humidor" has been an absolute gift from above when it comes to being able to store quantities of cigars in an environment that is cool enough to age them as well as keep them from having to high a temp where infestations could happen....

I've been thinking about this very thing a lot lately. I'll be needing temp control
to protect my smokes while I'm away in SF. I'll probably use a cigar oasis in there
but should I also install a PC fan or two for circulation :?:
Would it have to be "burped" as with a coolerdor :?:

The God of The Axe is making a trip to . . .

The People's Republik of San FranCrisco???

Why??? What's there???

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

:lol: That's where I'll be training to become a Cordon Bleu Chef starting this August.
Needless to say, I'll be making frequent visits north to Napa and Sonoma :wine: :wine: :drunk: :lol:

Whoa!!!! :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

A CHEF!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VERY cool. All the best and my prayers for your success. Oh, and one more thing, . . .

I'LL BE RIGHT OVER!!! You can call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

:sm_angel:

Oh, I'm a railroad buff, so if you ride the Napa Valley Wine Train, could you post pictures? :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :sm_angel:

Thanks for the words of encouragement Bloof :thumbsup:
For you, I'll go so far as to put the pictures on disc and send them to ya. :)

Young hearts, young dreams, and when it comes to dreams of being a chef, how could I not be encouraging? You've got a fan forever. And no need to send the pictures although I won't refuse it if you do. Just one post of the lead Alco would be nice enough. :dunno: :sm_angel:

axegod75 said:
I've been thinking about this very thing a lot lately. I'll be needing temp control
to protect my smokes while I'm away in SF. I'll probably use a cigar oasis in there
but should I also install a PC fan or two for circulation :?:
Would it have to be "burped" as with a coolerdor :?:

I am sure the Oasis would work.
If it was me I'd keep the boxes off the bottom & put as much cedar in there as possible.

Also if you follow the link & do a search you'll find a lot more info
on coolers there.

Hmm, Napa for wine tasting - I think I can help :idea:
PM sent!

You might want to look at Sams/Costco/BJ's warehouse clubs --- I bought 2 24 bottle wine cellars at our local Sams for under $250. Only problem I have is I am a white wine drinker and my darn children keep hitting the buttons on the coolers turning them from White to Red (45 Degrees vs. 55 Degrees). Last week I had to quick chill some Gewertztraminer because it was at 56 Degrees and that is to warm for best flavor.

i dont get this, how can you use a unit like this to store cigars? wouldnt the cooler take the moisture out of the air? maybe not, i dont know

standard fridges will take the moisture out because they have the defroster, etc. Wine coolers do not because you actually want some sort of humidity around your wine. They use a different type of cooling system than a fridge does.

at least that is what i have gathered from other explinations i have read.