Worst beer?

Slater said:
Lot of candidates out there. Probably Coors.

Going back a few years...my list is...

1. Blatz
2. Papst Blue Ribbon
3. Altes Golden Lager
4. Gobel 22
5. Meister Brau...(circa 1960) 69 cents for a gallon bottle

anyone remember that cave creek chili beer? that stuff was pretty nasty.

Although I'm mostly a fine import and microbrew drinker, heavy ales, porters, stouts, cask conditioned ales, trappist etc., I have to admit I used to like the Cave Creek Chili beer, especially getting to the jalapeno in the bottle. As for worst, well, all the typical American headache inducing pisswater beers have to be up there, like You'renotmybud Light, Poor's, etc.

PBR, for sure, and Carling Black Label.

C'mon, Walt--I'm not really a dark beer fan, but Guiness isn't THAT bad!

Go two days without drinking ANYTHING--then have a choice between two pints of Guiness and two pints of recycled motor oil.....I think I know which you'll choose! :wink:

I moved this from General Disussion to it's proper Forum ---

And --- you all forgot "Wiedemans" or "Milwaukee's Best". I gave up most alcoholic beverages about 20 years ago, so I can't comment on the current crop of brews.

Guiness Stout - suitable for driveway repair, but NOT drinking! Also, Anchor Steam, and Tequiza. Blecch.

Astica.

Bulgarian beer from Pic n' Save (now Big Lots!) for five cents a bottle ten years ago.

simply the worst I have ever had. way worse than Old Style.

Worst beer has got to be Narragansett (not sure if it's made anymore) followed by any of the Genny line of beer's and tying for second has got to be Milwaukee's beast :barf:

RAJ - Guiness may not be horrid, but I've heard it described as ghastly. I actually had a 4-pack down at Fernando's. Bought it for Gunny; then was forced to drink it myself. Had a heckuva time getting that little plastic ball out of the bottle :D

what about Hamm's... the Beer refreshing... Hamm's

[img=left]http://www.beerbooks.com/images/1212.jpg[/img]

The worst beer I ever had was a brand called "Goats Breath". I'm glad it was cold or I probably would have mistaken it for piss.

WaltGraham said:
Guinness - makes recycled motor oil look palatable :D

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nah, just kidding. Why'd you have to go and diss one of my favorite beers? You ruined my day. Waaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Guinness. :beer:

The worst I've tried is probably Budweiser, and everything I've tried in a 40oz. "Fowtyz" do make handy weapons though. A hard smack to the head will put you down for the count, well, unless you're a crack zombie or tweaker. :thumbsup: :mrgreen: Most American beers taste like camel leak to me, except for Honey Brown. NOW THAT'S SOME GREAT BEER!!!!!!!!!!

Just about the worst I can remember was Fix. It tasted like mildly acohol flavored yeast!! Followed closely by John Courage.

fubar said:
anyone remember that cave creek chili beer? that stuff was pretty nasty.

I discovered that stuff in a bar in Taos. Pretty horrible. My friends and I asked the bartendar for something unique so he produces a wierd looking red shot and this chili beer. He told us to shot the red stuff and chase it with the beer. It turns out that the shot was a "prarie fire", tequila and tabsco. After a few prarie fires and a couple of chili beers I was done; the heartburn was brutal and the next morning was an experienced forever "burned" into my memory.

Other crappy beers on my list are:

J Ruppert's Knickerbocker beer
the beast
piels
bud - any of them
PBR

Worst.... Bud, coors, Red dog.

I perfer Capt'n Coke..... (Gold)

and other High % mixes

NOTE to self: Dont Cook with an Alcohol that came from honduras and has NO %% rating... lol BOOM FLAME EVERYWHERE!!! food was the only thing not chared around the stove.