Worst Cigar Ever?

Joined Jan 2005
1K Posts | 0+
Chicago
Wow we get so caught up with what is the best a favorite. Have you ever smoked a cigar you thought was just dog food? Now to set the ground rules try to limit the number of macanudo responses. In addition no flavors or unnatural or machine made smokes. Mine would have to be Helix. Man a 7-11 cigar. Cant stand the way it tastes too.

Bering. It tasted the way burnt hay smells. I was gifted a box of the toro size. I did everything in my power to not go punch him square in the face. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how bad that thing was.

dont think ive ever had a truely bad cigar, ive had a few i didnt like too much, but i wouldnt call them bad. even when you dont like somthing you can still say it was good quality, just not your cup of tea.

Where to start? I have had quite a number of really bad cigars. I was persuaded into buying a box of 25 Berings...weird trumpet shaped things...they weren't so much 'bad tasting' as they were just totally flavorless, kinda like sucking on an empty toilet paper tube. The construction was nice and they burned well though!
I have had a number of Victor Sinclair products that gave me that 'burnt hay' flavor.
I had a couple of Fidalgo's that were unpleasant tasting, burned erratically and left nasty purple stains on my lips and fingers.
But the worst was a box of (supposed to be) Cuban Montecristos. The top layer were pretty good copies (visually only) but the bottom layer in the box were very irregular and some even had beetle holes in them! I started to smoke one foul tasting example before looking closer at the rest of the box...I couldn't get those out of my presence fast enough! I still shudder from that experience.

My worst would have to be a Brazilian Puro that was sent to me. It was as harsh as a bonfire and smelled like burning rubber.
Torano cigars don't sit well with me for some reason right now either. I'll try some in a little while and see how they go...

HAD MANY CHEAP CIGARS, THEY USUALLY SUCK. AS FAR AS REAL CIGARS GO, CANT STAND PUNCH,[GRAN CRUE IS FINE] JUST NOT WHAT I LIKE,BUT HELIX IS HORRIBLE, IVE SEEN BETTER AT 7 11,THINK I WOULD ROLL MY OWN FROM POISON IVY LEAVES BEFORE SMOKING ANOTHER OF THEIRS. IT WOULDNT IRRITATE MY THROAT AS BAD

wow a dead heat, bering or helix. Who will be crowned the worst?

never had a berring, have to have one so i have a reference to bad cigars. also,any punch lovers, it wasnt"bad"as far as cheap and nasty, just didnt like flavor

The most disappointing smokes I've had were expensive highly regarded cigars that wouldn't draw at all. Smoking a cigar should not be work. During the craze in the late 1990's it seemed like every company had problems with this. I've had numerous expensive cigars including Davidoffs and Bode and Moore (Which Marty graciously replaced on my word alone) that for some reason would draw barely enough to stay lit.

Sol Cubano? I enjoyed mine, except for the sumatra & cameroon wrappers, just not my cup on tea but I liked the connecticut, maduro, and corojo.

What are everyones thoughts ona the Fuma. I was kind of 50/50 on that cigar.

the sol cubano connecticut was awsome, i liked the maduro too. i dont see how sc could be considered bad.

I haven't tried the Padron Fuma yet...it is unlikely that I will. I generally don't like short filler cigars. I ended up with two boxes of La Vieja Habana 'Fumas', they were fairly unpleasant...a little harsh and kept leaving pieces in my mouth...They did have beautiful boxes garnished with tobaco leaves though.

Lord forgive me for ever touching Optimo Peach... The fruit on the tree of good and evil must have been an optimo peach.. God knew no one should touch it.. it was made by the devil... lol ok pardon the exaggeration... it was given to me by a friend as we were going to smoke while watching "Family Guy" which every human should. It was a cheap 25cent cigar from Mapco...I was excited to smoke it becuase it smelled great...And a previous strawberry cheap-o(Phillies Blunt) was actaully one of the best fruits ive had ever...I know u said no flavoured cigar... so i am honoring that.. this cigar had no flavour lol... It was just .... smoke.. didnt have any distint taste or smell after it was lit...I guess i was being punished for touching the fruit on the tree....

Add a vote for JR Cigar's Trinidad y Cia line. Cheaply priced but absolute rolled compost :x

I would have to say anything Altadis or General Cigar makes. Both companies are selling the brand and not the cigar. I'm a big fan of the boutique cigars. They build their names on reputation and quality smokes. Montecristo Dominican is just terrible. How many different names can they come up with (Platinum, White Label, Afrique, Series V, Series 57890, etc.). In fact they are so bad they have to get creative with the boxes such as putting fine works of art on the box to get people to buy them.