Worst Cigar Ever?

Worst: Thompsons Phoenix. :bigpuke:
Pre-lit aroma: smells like poop
Decided to light it up anyway and give it a try.
Big mistake of my life! :bigpuke:

Next on my worst list is the Baccarrat. yuck.

Can't remember any more this early in the morning.

These are just my opinions.

I dunno about you Doc, but I'm not in the habit of smoking things that smell like poo poo... :lol:

Yeah, I learned my lesson the hard way.

If it smells like poo, it'll taste like poo.

My worse is the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway. It tasted like metal. I had two, they both tasted the same. Bought a third from another store, same metalic taste. I also got a couple La Finca in a sampler pack from JR's that sucked too. The NASTA churchill sampler from JR's really sucks. It was my first sample pack and I really didn't know any better.

So the :
A Fuente hemmingway sucks 1
La Finca sucks 2
NATSA Sampler sucks 3

all i have heard about the fuente hemmingway so far is bad stuff. saying it tases like metal...it looses its flavor after it sits for too long and i got a short story on order =\

The only Hemmingway I've had was a Short Story. And I loved it.

You folks gotta remember, everyone has a different palate. Remember Opus X? Some folks love it while others don't.

Duke, if you don't want the Short story, send it my way. :D

Duke said:
all i have heard about the fuente hemmingway so far is bad stuff. saying it tases like metal...it looses its flavor after it sits for too long and i got a short story on order =\

I second Doc, if you dont want that Hemingway, let me know and I will make a deal w/ you. Only had a few, but thought they were good

That is an interesting reaction Jesse, I don't think I have ever heard anyone describing a cigar as tasting like metal.

As for the NATSA samplers, I have heard that before about them, but I would still like to try their corona if I could. I mean you cant judge untill you'v tried it right?

i think i might keep it...its on order form c.com but where i got sells them individually for like 8.75 i think something like that im dying to try it but i cant see spending more money on a stick when i have one coming in. i think my worst sticks were Thompson's, And i had a fonseca from a sampler wow was that thing terrible i smoke it for a min then threw it out and went to a TTT.

Bikeman, thats the only wording I can use to describe the taste. I grew up in a family of plumbers. over the years I've cut, threaded and soldered all sorts of pipe. You know how you can "taste" the leather in a leather shop? And thats one of the tastes a cigar gives off. I can detect a metal taste with some cigars. The Hemmingway is one of those cigars, I had a A. Fuente maduro cigar. It was 46x 61/2. That cigar had the same metalic taste to it. I've only been smokig cigars for 6 months, so I'm still learning tastes. As far as the NATSA samplers. I didn't care for them , but a friend of mine loved them. So I gave them to him. You should try them. I'm going to keep smoking for a while then I may re-try some of the cigars I put in the "sucks" file. Purhaps, after developing my pallet abit, those cigars may taste different to me. :D

I think you are just full of heavy metals Jesse, and the cigar is triggering that. LOL, LOL, LOL.

But seriosly, that is a very strange reaction to a cigar for sure. But I am in agreement with the Fonseca comment. I got one in a sample, and it was not very good at all. People rave about them, so I might try one again, but there are sooo many others out there, you should never have to revisit a bad cigar untill you run out of good ones thats for sure.

Keep it coming boys, this is a good one!

Smoked a La Fontana Vintage today. Now I have not been smoking cigars for very long, but this was just a pathetic stick IMO. The "sweet gum" tip was novel for the first two or three puffs, but any flavor ended with that. The rest of this cigar was what I imagine a stick of balsa wood would taste like if you tried to smoke it.

jihiggs said:
wierd, the one i had i thought was pretty good.
well, there is no accouinting for tastes...lol :p
But really, it could just be that i have been smoking mostly maduros lately, and found this one wanting in the flavor dpt.

I bought a few Fonseca's when I was In canada. They were 44x5" cedar wrapped. I thought they were great. Then I bought a few here in the states (Dominican) and those were....not as good.

I think it is a tie for me between 3 dog rockets. Flor de Gonzalez, the Acid Nasty (well-named, incidentally) and Brocatus.