Y'all kin laugh all ya wawnt, but . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
dis here's mah story and Ah's stickin' to it!!!

When the new Bloofingtonian Top Ten of Rye is compiled in the not too distant future, for sure a fixture, and quite possibly a very high placing fixture will be none other than . . .

JIM BEAM RYE!!!

:eek:mg:

No way!!!

Nahhhh, I'm sure I didn't hear him right. He means Jimmy Joe Johnson Beam XIV's Extra Dark Special Reserve Unusually Long Aged 27 year rye, made with 2% real pumpernickel bread flown in from a long lost cousin in Belarus back in '37, right?

I KNOW Bloof didn't say that the stuff college kids drink that anyone can get for about $15-17 a bottle with the hokey looking yellow label, no age statement and made from who knows what is going anywhere near his Top Ten rye list!!!

Well yes, that's what I said. After about five tastings, this stuff has very nice flavor, body and balance. It's only 80 proof, but with a unique grain, honey and straw taste that keeps coming sip after sip. I don't know if this is made from pure rye grain or not, but now that my mind and palate have become more educated, I'd say it is, and minimally aged.

That doesn't mean it's made with anything bad, and I, as well as anyone else out there who doesn't think you can get anything good when you get a few dollars back in change from a $20 has to rethink their strategy. No matter how many times I find reason to doubt, I find some strikingly good reasons not to, and Jim Beam Rye is one of them.

Good stuff, and your walk-out price will be well under $20. Soon to make my top Ten and probably place pretty high.