Your rules for coffee

Joined Apr 2007
7 Posts | 0+
Take a minute to share yer do's and don'ts with coffee.

First up.....Never critique anyone's method for making coffee when visiting someones home. Just enjoy the cup. Whatever it is.

Follow the directions the coffee and coffee maker comes with.
People compliment me even on old Folgers coffee I've made, and I explain I just followed the directions.

Second, if you can, filter your water. Here in the Hill Country, we get a lot of limestone in our water. It'll actually cake in your maker if you're not careful. Nothing like chewing coffee along with yoru Corn Flakes...

Always be willing to try new coffees (both in types of bean and roast). It will help define what you like better.

Except for decaf; decaf is evil and should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Good to see you over here Norman. I hope to you you around here more often.

I didn't mean to sound arrogant about my coffee. My intention was to state that following the directions of the coffee makers and the directions that the coffee pot came with tends towards greater quality results.

Coffee is coffee - my staff know to have the pot going by the time I reach my office, and I'll down a few big mugs during the day. No one messes with my Sportsman's Warehouse mug, and I never complain about the quality of the java, even when it's a new staff member who hasn't figured out how to make coffee, yet.