YOUR TOP 5

Joined Jan 2005
1K Posts | 0+
Chicago
It has been a while since we did this and I know most of you guys are like me and change up your favs every few months as you find new passions. Here is my revised list:

1. Camacho Corojo (includes natural, dark, and diploma)
2. Fuente OpusX
3. "Papa Bruce Lee"
4. C10 By Cusano

5. I cant pick a no 5 that stand out over everything else. Sol Cubano Maduro, Oliva O Maduro, La Aurora 100 Anos, Graycliff Crystal, Davidoff, Cusano Hermanos Vintage, Cusano 18, Cusano Corojo,Fuente Anejo, Hemmingway Maduro, VSG, Rare Corojo.

I like cubans a lot but left them off the list. I tend to stick to NC's more anyway.

1. RP vintage 1992
2. Padron 1964 Exclusivo
3. Fuente sungrown Double chateau fuente
4. Choix supreme
5. opus x

number 1 is steadily loosing spots right now because i haven't had one in a week or so... Plus i really like those exclusivos :D

For a semi every day cigar I have to go with the AVO #3 Maduro. It has it all, great construction, great flavors and still its reasonably priced. Its not perfect, its a bit strong for the Bloofington.

Top 5 regular rotation in no order would be something like:

Papa Bruce Lee
OpusX Super Beli
VSG Illusion
OpusX xXx Belicoso
Diamond Crown Maximus Toro

(Missing from list Añejo, Corojo, Oliva MB, etc.... :wink: )

Great choices! Here are my current choices:

Opus X Super Belicoso
Fuentes Anejo Shark
Gurkha Legend Torpedo
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
CAO MX2 Robusto

In the runnings, Fuentes Hemmingway, Bolivar (Anything! cuban of course), La Aurora saphire.....and the list goes on. :wink:

Good lists so far, a couple in there I'll have to track down and give a shot. My current startling lineup, though any particular order depends on the color of the label on the Johnnie Walker bottle that I have out at the time.

Opus X - Perfeccion X
Onyx reserve - mini belicoso
Hemmingway signature
Rocky Patel 1992
Havana House Reserve

The Havana House is number 5 with a bullet after just being turned on to them this weekend.

thats like asking my top 5 favorite movies, it depends on what day you ask me!
but i will try, here they are in no particular order and no particular accuracy.

sol cubano connecticuit
c18
diploma!
cao brazila
monte #2 (cuban)

Nice List Bulz. It seems I my Diploma Camp is getting a little lonely :lurking:

diplomas are a treat for me because they are not easy to get around here. my local shop has a box but the sticks look like they were part of a boxing match.

Therefore they cannot be on my regular rotation list.

Macallan said:
Nice List Bulz. It seems I my Diploma Camp is getting a little lonely :lurking:

The Diploma can take the Maximus spot as soon as I run out of em.

Ya know, I was like the biggest Camacho fan on the planet (so I thought)... but some of the stuff lately has let me down a bit.

I was buying the big 3 section diploma box with 11/18 07/05 and diploma, Figurado Corojo, boxes of Liberty's every release...but then the Maduros came...(not a fan of any Corojo Maduros)...and the 12th Amendment. And my cigars were of "questionable" construction...I just wasnt happy.

Gimmie a nice dark natural Diploma any day of the week, but I need a boost in Camacho enthusiasm...I'm waning for sure.

Bulz,

Definately try some of the more recent box codes after they have switched over to the crop from 2003. I have seen a noticable difference. And the corojo dark is definately up there with the diploma line. I love the box you are talking about. I have one at home just form my diplomas. Funney that it is meant to be a retail display but if you are a real corojo junkie it is the perfect purchase.

Dont be turned off by the maduro. Thor and I are both corojo addicts, however, both of us do not like the maduro at all. I wondered why this is and it is becuase it is not actaully jamastran corojo in the wrapper. It is corojo seed but grown in Mexico. This threw off the entire cigar for me I can definately tell the difference.

2 other thoughts are this. Some of the display boxes you are referring to have some of the oldest batches in them that lack a lot of flavor. The newer ones seem to be locked and loaded with flavor if you will. Check the bands and they should be more brown for the most recent stock, if they appear a pink/brown/orange you have some from the stock when they were not at top notch quality 12 -14 months ago. Is that about the timeframe you started to give up on them?

Macallan signing off. :D

Here's my current top 5 in no particular order are:

Opus X
Fuente Añejo
Camacho Diploma nat. (I got your back Mac :lol: )
Hemingway Maduro
Cusano Corojo

I need to have a few more Corojo Darks before I decide on those. The one I'm looking at
right now has one of the biggest veins I've even seen. I hope the lower humidity makes
for a better burn than last time.

No Order

Cien ANos CHR
Opus Super Beli
Diploma
the Bruce Lee's
Choix Supremes

After some age, they smell even better!!!

Jose Blanco, (who helped blend the cigar) Said they will just keep getting better and better with age....I've only smoked two out of my box that I bought eight months ago! I want to buy another and smoke one or two a year....really see how they develop!

I enjoy the C10 as well...there are a lot of cigars that are hard not to put on the list, my top five has about 25 cigars on it!! :wink:

AF Hemmingway
C10
CAO Brazilia
Rocky Patel 1990
Carlos Torano Exodus '59
Hoyo Dark Sumatra

I have not had one of each at the same time to do a fair comparison. I believe in the last couple of months I have only had one '92.

Wait a second ... checking my inventory file, I see that I have one of each now, and a Sun Grown. I'll let you know.