Cigar Trade Book pass

Joined Apr 2006
1K Posts | 0+
Watching Eli smoke Robs cigars
I would like to start a book pass if anyone is interested. The book is "Stalingrad" by Antony Beevor. Its an excellent narative and very readable. So if your interested in WW2 this would be a great read.

I figure what we can do is work up a list of people who would like to read the book. It would be cool if we were to include a few cigars with the book as we send it around.

That's a great idea. I'd sign up but, the subject is not really my cup o' tea. I read about war everyday.

Now, if someone has a happy piece of fiction they'd like to pass around. . .

Come on Kevy be nice! :lol:

Cool Chris!

I wish I could be in on this, but the only books I've been reading lately are cookbooks...go figure :lol:

Who is this Kevy that you speak of? LOL. Steve - make sure it has lots of pictures for Chris.

Seriously, I think this is a great idea. Maybe I will take a look at what I have' re-read and offer it up to anyone who might want it. I am more of a fiction reader like Brenda - let me see what I have in my bag of tricks.

Kevy, Kevy, Kevy...

What we can do with this book pass is I'll send it off to the first person of the list with say 5 cigars and when that person is done they can send it to the next person with 5 cigars and so on.
So please hold on to you Archie comics for now and maybe we'll get into one of those later... :lol:

Yes Rick, only you send a few sticks to the next guy on the list with the book then he does the same and so on...

Steve:

My 2 cents and then I will shut up ..... You may want to have multiple books to start with and have a couple of lists. Different strokes for different folks, plus the time element involved. It's not like a regular PIF that you will choose another in a couple of days. You can sign on for the book that may interest you. I know that Barco and I would go for Archie, btw - but sometimes there is too much writing for me.

Just a thought.

Thanks Kev. Point well taken. So what other books do we want to do? I'm up for anything really. I like the history stuff but I understand its not for everyone. Let me know and well go from there.