Craft Brew fans, UNITE!

Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts | 2+
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I guess it's because I'm a Wisconsonite, (or is it Wisconsonian? LOL) but I love beer. I talking real ale.

As you may know, I'm primarily a pipe smoker, but I truly enjoy pairing blends with micro brews. I've also seen this done with cigars. In fact, the guys at pipesandcigars.com had a weekly blog going called "Pint Friday". I haven't seen it in a while, and that disappoints me a bit because I felt they had some great suggestions.

here is a link to one of the reviews: http://www.talkingtobacco.com/2012/...stamp-flying-dog-pearl-necklace-oyster-stout/

Anyway, if any of you are so inclined, I would appreciate suggestions/pairings posted here.

Since I am primarily a pipe smoker, and I know there are a few of us here, I will give my two cents in that department. Thanks everyone! :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
I enjoy pairing cigars and microbrew beers. I generally only drink beer during the summer though. I also would be happy seeing reviews on pairings.

DL

I live within walking distance of the finest beer store in the upper midwest, if not the nation; the Four Firkins. I have been spoiled rotten as far as beer is concerned. Many people have a wine cellar, we have a beer cellar.
Bourbon or whiskey barrel aged stouts and porters are among my favorite sipping beverages and often will age quite well for several years. A nice IPA is hard to beat too.
I am just getting into cigars, but I can already see there are strong similarities between appreciating a fine ale and a fine cigar. I am looking forward to pairing them up.

When I get together with my buddy for a cigar, we always drink something but we don't do it often enough to pair. We always drink something, last time it was margaritas, time before that a good brandy. Often we will drink beer and usually it's a porter. I like Raging Bitch with a smoke, but I don't like it without a smoke.