Diploma kicked my arse

Joined Apr 2005
50 Posts | 0+
I joined this forum a little more than a year ago to learn more about cigars. Great forum and people. (BTW, has anyone hear from or see Malone?)

Anyway, with so much talk about Diploma on this forum, I went and bought a box, it kicked my arse so bad. I left them at the bottom of my cooler.

I smoked one just the other day, it mellowed a bit, but the flavor, taste and aroma remained. It is truly a magnificent cigar. I have 14 remaining.

Yes a masterpiece of a cigar. I have a box still sitting that I only venture near when I just finished a nice big meal.

should be 3 weeks last I checked, but save your money becuase the 2006 Liberty blend will be out in June. It has the same maduro wrapper as the diploma, will be an 11/18 size, and will have 10% preembargo tobacco. This years is supposed to be the best yet.

The first time I smoked a Diploma I hated it. Same with the second, third and fourth. Only until I had smoked about 7-8 of these did I really start to appreciate this cigar. This is definitely a cigar you have to work for, with constant relights and corrections, but the flavor of the corojo wrapper is second to none.

I have not had problems with re-lighting or uneven burning, but this is a cigar you have to pay attention to when smoking. I enjoy this cigar after a couple Crowns and Sprite.
Also, make it your last cigar of the day, because for me, no other cigar will give me the satification that I just enjoyed.

Thanks Capt, I thought there was something wrong with me. I''ve smoked 2 and I have5 left. I hated the first two I smoked also. I'm now looking forward to the other 5.

I loved the taste of the Diploma, but even on a super full stomach it put me on the couch.