Happen to anyone else?

Joined Jun 2005
961 Posts | 0+
NJ
Most people at work know that I love my cigars. I made a bet with a guy over something, and loser had to give up some cigars. To make a long story short, I won. The other guy brings in some dried up fake cohibas, that he probabbly bought at the gas station or something. He says, "Hey, these are REAL Cuban cigars from the Dominican Republic." uhhhh......hello.......real cubans, from the DR??? Ha Ha!!!!

Just wondering if anyone else knows a guy like this!

Damn Axe, that is the funniest thing I have ever read. And yes I know lots of people like that. Honestly people get so bent out of shape about being told they got ripped off, I often just smile and say "Nice Sticks" and stay on my way. It is a touchy subject.

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

It was funny when this guy gave me the cohiba....i have seen many fake cohibas, this band (damn I wish I kept it and took a pic) was typed on and had 5 lines of white dots over the word Cohiba. The writing was all slanted, and the wrapper of the cigar was loose in the plastic wrapper.

I said "Damn, you must've went through great lengths to smuggle this in the country", he said "You damn right I did". :lol:

The guy with the fur coat, what a funny guy he was. Esplendidios!

When I was about 19 years old my Mom brought back what was supposed to be a great cuban cigar from when she was on an island. She gave it to me about a week after she got back and I smoked it about a week after that (not even knowing anything about humidification or anything). Man was that stick bitter. It tasted like a month old camel lite from a open pack. Just awful. :barf:

One of our employees brought me a "Real Cuban" from a cruise he had taken. A VERY nice gesture on his part, I really appreciated it.

Of course, this "Real Cuban" wasn't in any type of humi, hadn't been for at least 2 weeks, and he had carried it to work unprotected in his backpack.

When he asked me why I wasn't putting it in my humidor at work, I told him that cubans were very strong and needed to air-out before putting them in the humidor. I didn't have the heart to tell him what I actually did with it.