Help wth choices

Joined Apr 2005
3K Posts | 0+
Machias Maine
Ok I figure you guys may have a word for me. I like a cigar from time to time. I got a sampler from 2 guys cigar shop link below called "2 Guys Variety Pack". I liked these more then the ones I have tried local. What is a good sampler for newbies to try? I live in Maine and am a hour from Canada and can drive up and get what I am told are the "good ones" I however dont know what they are? Any help?

http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/Cigar+Sam ... Gifts.html

Travis

Travismaine said:
Ok I figure you guys may have a word for me. I like a cigar from time to time. I got a sampler from 2 guys cigar shop link below called "2 Guys Variety Pack". I liked these more then the ones I have tried local. What is a good sampler for newbies to try? I live in Maine and am a hour from Canada and can drive up and get what I am told are the "good ones" I however dont know what they are? Any help?

http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/Cigar+Sam ... Gifts.html

Travis

hey travis....its all based on personal preference....my opinion tho...in order here are my picks for a great sampler they offer

1. God of Fire Cigar Assortment ( Warning: Full bodied, might make a newbie queezy...however AMAZING cigar and EXTREMELY SLOW BURN)
2.La Aurora Preferido Treasure Pack
3.Ashton 10 Pack Sampler
4.Graycliff Crystal Pirate 5 Pack
5. Cao Commemorativo Pack
6. Rocky Patel Vintage Robusto Pack

those might be a bit steep on the price for a newbie.

at cigar.com try the 5 vegas sampler
the best buy sampler
90 rated sampler
c.com mixed sampler
or the robusto sampler.

wait to spend the money after you get an idea of what you like. dont blow $30 on a opus X if you have no clue what you like. you may hate it. and you are out 30 big ones that you could have gotten 5-7 cusanos out of.

...and please consider joining the Cigar of the month club here. You will get fantastic exposure to a broad range of cigars.

The 90 rated and best buy sampler at cigar.com is a great place to start. I would also highly recommend the cigar of the month club at cigar.com but I am biased.

The 90 rated sampler from c.com was my first cigar purchase. I would highly recommend that as a starting point to trying a different variety of quality smokes.

Also read some things on Cigaradvocate for info....ther is a few good things over there! :wink:

I would recommend the cigar.com sampler. That way you get a nice variety of some great smokes at very cheap prices.

I have looked at the cigar.com choices. I have not made up my mind but now have more to think about. I think I will go with the 90 rated 5 pack.

Travis

Travis,
efinitely look at the C.com offers and the Cigarsinternational.com special, and Friday Night fights.
I wouldn't bother hiking up to Canada for those "good" smokes, the tobacco tax up there is MURDER!
Just ask Bikeman about it.... :cry:

rmrdaddy said:
Travis,
efinitely look at the C.com offers and the Cigarsinternational.com special, and Friday Night fights.
I wouldn't bother hiking up to Canada for those "good" smokes, the tobacco tax up there is MURDER!
Just ask Bikeman about it.... :cry:

Indeed...$20 - $40 for a decent stick, Canadian $$$, which is the same as USD these days...