Honey, I'm almost home

AWWWWWWWWWWW
You guys are making me blush.
I've been doing this a long time. At this point in my career, it's just like any other job any of you have except my office is a ship and I can't have sex for six months at a time.

The true heroes out here are these 18 and 19 year old kids that launch and recover and work on airplanes 18 hours a day. And the kids that do the laundry and cook the meals and sort the mail and maintain the engines and the hundreds of other dirty thankless jobs that make this ship run through the water.

Don't let anyone EVER for a minute tell you that today's youth will never measure up to the "greatest generation". These kids, and they are kids, are, dedicated, educated, patriotic and capable of some amazing things if you just point them in the right direction and let them go. They amaze me every single day.

And channel fever? Nah, I'm an old guy. I need my sleep. Besides, you know we've already seen each and every movie at least five times :D

The people that like to compare the kids today to say the kids in 1940 are the true danger to this country. We have heard them say how lazy and un-patriotic and distracted they are. They will say almost anything to undermind our military. I will not try to turn this forum into a political discussion. I have far too many opinions and have had far too many experiences with this. I get really angry when I think about it. So I will let it go. My son is 18 and he leaves for MCRD in San Diego in 3 months. This was 100% his decision. He wants to serve his country and God. I am glad he has chosen the Marine Corps because I believe they can prepare him the best. I was a wash out in my 7th week of boot camp in the Marine Corps. I will always regret my failure. I had a terrible Asthma attack and they sent me home. I'll never forget the Doc when he said "Why didn't you choose a service with less PT?" Yeah I hold that as a disgrace in my life. That's why I love those guys and gals so much. It's what I couldn't be.

Hey Foodislife,
The fact that you raised a young man who puts service before self says all I need to know about you. You might have washed out of boot camp, but it sounds to me you succeeded in raising one heck of a fine young man.
Semper Fi to both, you and him.

Thank you for helping protect our great nation. Its good to have you back in one piece.

The men and women who serve in our armed forces have all of the respect I can give them. THANK YOU for your service.

I caved in to the pressure from my parents and my girlfriend. I regret my decision. I wish I could have served in some way.