How may leave the Cellophane on you sticks

Joined Jan 2006
568 Posts | 0+
New Iberia, La
Just wondering how may people leave the Cellophane on your cigar while they sit in your humi or how many think this isnt a good idea?

It's personal preference, really. I usually take the cellophane off, but some people leave it on. If you're going to age them long term, it's suggested that you take it off, but if you're going to smoke them soon you can leave it on if you want. I just like the way they look naked. :D

I used to take off the cell all of the time...but now with PIF and Bday sticks and trades I have been leaving the cellophane on most of the time now. Just an added layer of protection when I send them or give them to someone. Unless I am storing them for a long period of time then they just look so damn good naked.

I say leave them!
You can always take them off when your ready to smoke it.
They are hard to put back on!

I'm with Kelvin - if I think it might become a PIF or giveaway stick I will leave the plastic on. If I'm sure this will be one that I smoke at home, then I'll take it off - the humidor smells better with more 'nekkid' sticks

Would've been nice to see this as a poll.

I'm the same as Kelvin. But I do I like naked cigars.

I leave the cello on for protection, I am always digging around in my humi, and that is better for them.

i leave them on for protection while handling them and cause i dont want to go through and take em all off.

If I have only one type of cigar in the humidor I take them off. If I have several types in the humidor I leave them on.

I generally try to arrange my sticks so that the ones I'm going to smoke soon are on top. When I do dig through them, I'm VERY careful. If I know I'm going to be sending some sticks out, I'll usually go buy some and leave the cellophane on those.

I generally leave them on singles, but take most of them off if I get a box. I keep a few w/ it on for PIF/box pass/going out/etc.

I've been taking it off (a few, like the Rocky Patels never had cello on), reason being (maybe this is erroneous) I was worried they wouldn't get properly humidified if they stayed in the cello.