I need a highly reccommended cigar store in the toronto area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined Jan 2006
4 Posts | 0+
I live in wisconsin and work for an airline and was interested in flying in for a few hours to pick up some cuban cigars. The problem is I have no clue where to go or who to trust . Also, Im guessing I wont be able to just take them back on the plane so would the best way to bring them back be to just ship them ? Any info on my next journey would be appreciated .

It is illegal to ship or have Cuban cigars in the US. But, if you plan on purchasing some there, to smoke there, make sure there is a sign in the store window that says Licensed S A Habanos dealer.

Capt said:
It is illegal to ship or have Cuban cigars in the US. But, if you plan on purchasing some there, to smoke there, make sure there is a sign in the store window that says Licensed S A Habanos dealer.

Thanks I will be sure to check.

never been to a shop in toronto, but these are listed as legit LCDH:

La Casa del Habano Toronto
170 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON
M5R 2E8
Tel: (416) 926-9066

B. Sleuth & Statesman Inc.
130 King Street West, Box 28 The Exchange Tower
Toronto, ON
M5X 1A9
Tel: (416) 363-7575

Tobacco Haven
595 Bay Street P.O. Box 50
Toronto, ON
M5G 2C2
Tel: (416) 593-6655

The Smokin Cigar
1699 Bayview Ave.
Toronto, ON
M4G 3C1
Tel: (416) 545-0063

Thomas Hinds Tobacconists
8 Cumberland Street
Toronto, ON
M4W 1J5
Tel: (416) 481-6909

Only buy from an LCDH and don't forget they are illegal in the US, do what you wish with the info.

Address : 170 Bloor St.
Phone : 1.416 926 9066
Fax : 1.416 406 3340
EMail : [email protected]

according to the LCDH website, this is the only LCDH in Toronto. That's not to say there aren't good spots in Toronto to grab a few cigars. I think the only buy from an LCDH rule is more for places where fakes are more abundant. Like, Windsor that is right across the border. The carribean, including Cuba. Places like that.

I would guess all of the shops that bildo listed would be good as well since they are listed on the Havana House website. Havana House is the distributor.

Some of the guys have mentioned that Cuban cigars are illegal in the US. Actually...they are illegal for all US Citizens no matter where in the world you are. You are always held to the laws of the US Government. It's not illegal to smoke a Cuban cigar...as long as you don't pay for it. It all boils down to making the Cuban government money. But, seriously, whose going to catch you. Buy what you want. Smoke what you want. If you're an employee of an airline and would be coming back into the US as part of a flight crew...whose going to check the crew?

Besides, from everything I've read here...Cuban cigars suck.

Thanks bildo792 for the list .
(Ringmaster) As far as flight crew Im not, I work as a mechanic in the hanger and really dont know if my idea is any good or worth the risk. I would have to find a way to ship them back home ,would using a shipping service be to risky ? Does anybody know what the charge is for possesing cubans ?

decesaro said:
Thanks bildo792 for the list .
(Ringmaster) As far as flight crew Im not, I work as a mechanic in the hanger and really dont know if my idea is any good or worth the risk. I would have to find a way to ship them back home ,would using a shipping service be to risky ? Does anybody know what the charge is for possesing cubans ?

decesaro, I am sure that there are lots of people who do this..... that being said, if you have to ask what the legal charges will be for something, then it is probably not worth it :wink: ......my.02

For whomever hasn't thoroughly reviewed the threads where everyone from members to the Boss of AmBack himself, also a cigar smoker has chimed in, I'm here to put down the hammer once again. I'll also say it again, and I'll keep saying it again until the membership has it thoroughly understood, for good.

We don't care what you do at other web sites. Here at AmBack, you are free to discuss the fact that you smoked a Cuban cigar. You are also free to say that you are taking a trip outside the U.S. and wish to know where Cuban cigars may be obtained WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.

If I see any more encouragement of bringing them back, or asking about it, or public figuring out of how it might be done, I will lock this thread, and any other thread where such discussions might be taking place. I realize some folks are new, and just join up without reading much about rules and regulations. Okay, to an extent I can dig it, you just want to log on and have fun.

For those who didn't understand protocol here at AmBack regarding discussions involving Cuban cigars before, I just stated it, so now you do understand. If anyone has any doubts, there are posts here by the Boss himself, and other members, as Capt also tried to give a subtle hint.

Enjoy the forums, check up on certain rules, ask questions if you need to, but don't push the envelope on the rules or risk warning via PM. I'm the softy around here, and besides the named moderators, there are higher ups at AmBack watching too, to see if we all follow the rules, and that I do my job.

:cop:

Bloofington said:
For whomever hasn't thoroughly reviewed the threads where everyone from members to the Boss of AmBack himself, also a cigar smoker has chimed in, I'm here to put down the hammer once again. I'll also say it again, and I'll keep saying it again until the membership has it thoroughly understood, for good.

We don't care what you do at other web sites. Here at AmBack, you are free to discuss the fact that you smoked a Cuban cigar. You are also free to say that you are taking a trip outside the U.S. and wish to know where Cuban cigars may be obtained WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.

If I see any more encouragement of bringing them back, or asking about it, or public figuring out of how it might be done, I will lock this thread, and any other thread where such discussions might be taking place. I realize some folks are new, and just join up without reading much about rules and regulations. Okay, to an extent I can dig it, you just want to log on and have fun.

For those who didn't understand protocol here at AmBack regarding discussions involving Cuban cigars before, I just stated it, so now you do understand. If anyone has any doubts, there are posts here by the Boss himself, and other members, as Capt also tried to give a subtle hint.

Enjoy the forums, check up on certain rules, ask questions if you need to, but don't push the envelope on the rules or risk warning via PM. I'm the softy around here, and besides the named moderators, there are higher ups at AmBack watching too, to see if we all follow the rules, and that I do my job.

:cop:

I figured this thread wouldn't get far, I appologize for not following the rules ,Im like a kid who has to always test the waters .

Status
Not open for further replies.