Is it okay that I hate box pressed cigars?

Kelvin said:
Vince - that's funny you say that - I have always loved that about a box press. It's nice to put it down in a slight wind and know it's not going to roll away. Good point.
That's what I was going to say.

I agree, try the Padro Anniversary '26 and '64 will change your mind.

How does the Padron '26 compare to the '64? I've never tried a '26. I have only 2 '64's left, and saving them for a special occassion.

Doc-T said:
How does the Padron '26 compare to the '64? I've never tried a '26. I have only 2 '64's left, and saving them for a special occassion.

2 left? Shouldn't you send one of them to me so that we could celebrate the special occasion on 2 coasts?

At least you folks on the East Coast are now experiencing the nice heat wave we West Coast folks had last month. How's that for sharing?

Doc-T said:

I try NOT to save any special cigars , who knows you might get hit by a run away bus , & there is an unsmoked Padron 26 in the humi ! hahaha, the 26 has a richer flavor than the 64 , my personal opinion is I like the 64's better, the 26's are BIGGER $$$$
good cigars granted but the price point makes them just a hair to high for an every day smoke , I love the principe ( the small corona ) in Maduro of the 64's , they are just great IMHO , but as we all know opinions are like @$$ holes, every one has one ! hahaha Enjoy, Vince

Doc-T said:
At least you folks on the East Coast are now experiencing the nice heat wave we West Coast folks had last month. How's that for sharing?

GEE THANKS!!! :evil:

Its funny you brought up the heat. It was so hot in NJ, I didnt smoke my usal cigar the other night cause it just didnt feel right, way to sticky and hot, wait thats....HOT! :evil: I stared out of my ac home, and dreamed of spring and fall like temps... and I like summer :shock:

I think box press is ok, it's just a matter of babying your cigar a little more than a round. To be completely truthful, the best burn on a cigar I have ever gotten was a triangle pressed Alec Bradley Trilogy maduro, I actually smoked that down to nub without dropping ash once. I guess even if I hated the box press I would still smoke them, theres no way I am going without Ashton VSG's, RP Vintages or the Gurkha Regent.

Ugh...I wish this topic would die. :?

I guess I meant more so that I just didn't like the box press itself (the shape), not the cigars. I have a dozen RP 1992s that I fell in love with. I would just prefer them be round is all I'm saying since I've been used to the standard round shape for the past fifteen years.

But I am a rookie afterall :roll:

double D said:
Ugh...I wish this topic would die. :?

I guess I meant more so that I just didn't like the box press itself (the shape), not the cigars. I have a dozen RP 1992s that I fell in love with. I would just prefer them be round is all I'm saying since I've been used to the standard round shape for the past fifteen years.

But I am a rookie afterall :roll:

You might try giving the RP Euro blends a shot. I have one in my humi i haven't tried yet. I hear they are a bit on the mild side, but more importantly they are ROUND!!!

I have been very lucky to recieve two of those Alec Bradleys, and they are comfortably resting in my humidor. I think I can smell a review coming when it is time to light one up.

There you go, its a great topic brother, and there are a lot of good ideas floating around here.

Bikeman said:
I have been very lucky to recieve two of those Alec Bradleys, and they are comfortably resting in my humidor. I think I can smell a review coming when it is time to light one up.

There you go, its a great topic brother, and there are a lot of good ideas floating around here.

Bikeman...Let me know when you figure you are going to spark one of those, I will smoke one about the same time and we can compare notes if you'd like. I thoroughly enjoyed the last one I smoked, probably one of the best $3-4 cigars I have ever smoked. The current issue of CA gave the churchill a 90 rating, I haven't smoked that, just the robusto but I thought that was a wonderful smoke.