More Lanceros Please

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Gahanna, OH
I'm a fan of the lancero size. They're easy to light with an even burn. The cigars always seem to burn cool and ash easily. I know some people complain of tight draws, but I've never really had a problem with that myself. I wish cigarmakers would bring back the lancero. We've already seen them in some popular lines including most of the DPG stuff, Oliva Serie V and now Illusione. Who else out there likes lanceros, and what are your favorites?

talumn said:
The Cuvee Grand is a great Lancero

This is one of the cigars I simply do not care for. I bought a good bunch of them when they came out and gave them away.

Travismaine said:
talumn said:
The Cuvee Grand is a great Lancero

This is one of the cigars I simply do not care for. I bought a good bunch of them when they came out and gave them away.
:shocked: wish i would have known

kuzi16 said:
isnt a lancero very simaler to a lonsdale?

Thinner and longer. Usually 34 to 37 for the RG and 7 on the length. A lonsdale is usually 6x42.

i also really like a good lancero, lfd dl oscuro is one of my favorites with atleast a year on 'em...

I really enjoyed a Padilla Miami I recently had. It is 7'' by 42 but called a lancero. I am not sure if I would want a thinner ring.

I had the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Lancero the other day. Started off not great, but built in flavor quickly and turned into a darn good smoke!

I'm with NJSmokey, the Padilla Miami is without a doubt my favorite lancero, although it may be considered a bit fat for one.

HighPSI said:
i also really like a good lancero, lfd dl oscuro is one of my favorites with atleast a year on 'em...

I'm smoking one of these right now. This is in my top 10 for sure and my top lancero with the Oliva Serie V close behind.