My choice

Joined Nov 2008
74 Posts | 0+
New member here. Bloofington invited me to drop by. My spirit of choice? George Dickel #12. Next in line would be Jameson's. And then any good Kentucky bourbon.
Drink responsibly.

I'm hearing more and more about fans of George Dickel #12 all the time. It seems that it has plenty of fans, and that it's also making a comeback of sorts. Can't really find anything wrong with any of those choices, Jim. I've got a friend who would IV Jameson's if he could, hee, hee, heee!!! As for bourbon, yes indeed, I think it's rather obvious what I like.

ALL BOURBONS!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Actually, out of the 95 or so that I've tasted in over a decade of drinking bourbon, there's actually about 10-12 that I hate. Other than that, yeah, I'll take a glass of bourbon, any time.

As for genuine Tennessee sour mash, there's really only two, George & Jack. I like both, but my choice is George. As for bourbon, I've never really gotten highly sophisticated with that. I have some white label Evan Williams and some Ezra Brooks. Neither are really top shelf brands, but they suit me. I drink those two during the week and keep the George for my weekends. The Jameson's is there for when I'm feeling particularly Irish (I'm 5th generation!).

Yup. It's all in the preferences of the palate of the person doing the tasting. I remember answering the question years ago from newbie cigar smokers as to what constitutes a "good cigar." The only answer I could ever give is whatever YOU think is a good cigar. Same with any food or beverage. I hate, absolutely DETEST Blanton's for example. Never had a sip from any bottle that I liked. Woodford's Reserve also, can't stand the stuff. Don't know why, because both are highly regarded, but I hate 'em. But it would be a boring world if we didn't have different tastes.

My drink of choice lately (when I am not drinking Gin and Tonic) is Rum believe it or not. My latest bottle is Lemon Heart Dimerera. Fine nose, fine flavor, and no burn.

BTW 2,400 posts!!

I could be wrong, but I am sure there are some people out there that wonder how and ask why I could allow myself to end up on the street and in a homeless shelter. Asking this question would be similar to asking Jews why they allowed themselves to suffer under the hand of a monster like Hitler.

I've never given it much thought. The jews shouldn't have given up their guns though.

DL