Need advice on pipe tobacco

Joined Apr 2007
15 Posts | 0+
Big Spring TX
I've had a pipe for about a year now, and have always loved the ways pipes smell. But I know nothing about the tobacco for them. I've recently started smoking cigars and love them, but that can get costly. So I've decided to break out my pipe again and give it another go. Can any of y'all give me some tips on a good tobacco to start with.
Thanks, Ben

I really love the Frog Morton blends by McClelland. They are mellow and very nice. McClellands 2015 is also a fantastic smoke.

Just a word of advice, as elidog will confirm once you start smoking a pipe your cigars will feel like they have been cheated on and the wrappers will begin to crack. :roll: :roll:

golfcigarjunkie said:
Just a word of advice, as elidog will confirm once you start smoking a pipe your cigars will feel like they have been cheated on and the wrappers will begin to crack. :roll: :roll:

HAHAHAHA! How true that is!

If you decide to smoke in public, I always Smoke Blue Note by Dan Tobacco. Nice room note, and the ladies like it too! I have probably over 50 blends in my collection right now, but its been awhile since I smoked any of my pipes.

redraider1 said:
I've had a pipe for about a year now, and have always loved the ways pipes smell. But I know nothing about the tobacco for them. I've recently started smoking cigars and love them, but that can get costly. So I've decided to break out my pipe again and give it another go. Can any of y'all give me some tips on a good tobacco to start with.
Thanks, Ben

Ben, if you like cigars, try Purple Cow from Cornell&Diehl. It is a mild blend with maduro cigar leaf added!