need advice

Joined Apr 2007
15 Posts | 0+
Big Spring TX
Okay guys, Here's the question. I'm very new cigars but really like the taste of cohiba xv 660's are there any other cigars out there that are a close match to this that i need to try?

By the way I would just like to thank all the people on this forum that help and advise us new guys.
Ben

I have never actualy tried those, but honestly there are so many good smokes out there. What price range are you looking at?

I had the pleasure of smoking a few Felipe Gregorio "Power" this week, and let me tell you, this cigar is a sleeper! I will have a review for everyone to read soon, but if you like strength, complexity, and balance all in one, this is a sure hit! I can't say enough about this cigar.

The cohiba XV 660 has been costing me about 10 a stick, I would like to find one similar but a little cheaper.

I would start with 5 vegas, the cigar.com corojo label are awesome. 1990 or 92 Rocky Patel. I am sure the folks here will have many more sugestions.

I have one of those Power cigars resting in my humi that I got from a PIF. Thanks for reminding me Capt, may just have to spark that thing pretty soon.

Far as the Cohibas go, I'm not the guy to ask, I gave up on the Dominican Cohibas a long time ago. Always thought they were lousy for the price. For $10 a stick, theres a ton of great cigars to sample. Try some other stuff that has a Cameroon wrapper and Dominican filler and see what you think.

There was a cigar that they dont make anymore that is still floating around out there. We still have some singles at Cigar.com but they are not on the site, you would have to call our 800 number. It is called "Diablo" and was made by the same people that make Cohiba. It came out around the same time that General Cigar (the owners of Cohiba) were afraid they might loose their trademark on Cohiba. For a long time, there was a rumor that the Diablo was the same blend as the XV and was released to carry the torch if they could not make Cohiba anymore. They were much cheaper, $6.00 a stick I think. Anyway, this was all rumor, but the fact of the matter is that the cigars tasted enough alike to start such a rumor.