Problem with shipped cigars.

Joined Mar 2006
204 Posts | 0+
Visiting in Pheonix
Has anyone ever had a problem with cigars they bought online?
Today I received one of my many recent purchases from an online cigar auction site. When I opened the package, I immediately could see the damage to the cigars. Four out of the five cigars were damaged; not only were the cigars dry, but the wrappers were cracked and falling off at the foot of the cigar. It does not appear to be 100% shipping damage, although I am sure that the shipping had something to do with it. Is this a common problem with cigars bought from online sites?

No. Though I've never ordered through an auction site. I would hope the person would either refund or replace if its their fault though.

Not common at all, but you said you bought them from an on line auction site. That's a lot different from buying them from a store that has an on line service. I have lots of experience buying on line, but none from auction sites. I'd have to say though, that buying cigars at an auction site sounds riskier than buying from a store say, like Cigar.com, or another regular cigar store, like Phatash, Firehouse, Payless, or Little Brown, for example.

The first three packages arrived just fine. I believe that it is a "store" auction site. I believe that Cigarbid is owned and operated by CigarInternational. I put in a call earlier today, hopefully it will be returned tomorrow

Give them a call, send them an email.
:D We are cigarbid-a-holics.
:D They will make it right. Every now and then I will have a problem but they have always taken care of what ever was wrong. I have been completely satisified with the service from Cigar International.

If you used a Credit Card - call them let them know you were sold
damaged goods and they will reverse the charges.

Rich, Like Big Tom said...give cigarbid a call first and give them the chance to make it right, I have dealt with them quite a bit and am sure they will, but you need to contact them as soon as you can. I personally have never had a problem with any of my orders from there, but they do say that sometmes your order may ship from a third party so you never know for sure where they come from...enough rambling on my part....give 'em a call :D
~S

I had one shipment from them the same way. Sent them an email and they gave prompt replies. Offered to replace them and sent the replacements out the same day. I had them within two days.

Have had no other problems with them at all.

:arrow: I shop for the lowest price on cigars I want to buy so I bid on cigarbid and buy at cigars international, famous smokes, and JR's. I get the cigar of the month club from cigar.com. I have not had any problem from these sources that hasn't been addressed quickly and to my satisfaction.

UPS beat up my first c.com shipment luckily the cigars were in a small wooden box in side the cardboard.

Thanks for the advice... I called today, and it was taken care of right away... They are sendind me a replacement package with a shipping label to send the other cigars back...

Thanks again

Rich