Punch Presidente?

Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts | 0+
Indianapolis, IN
Anyone ever smoke one of these monsters? If so, can you offer up some thoughts on quality, strength, flavor, etc? I'm thinking of buying a couple singles (maybe a box if reviews are great). Also, out of interest, how long does it take to get through one. It's gotta' be 2 plus hours.

Thanks.

It is about 2 hours for me but it varies smoker to smoker. It is very earthy with a medium to full body. Nice smoke, but I prefer the rothschild becuase of the size and I find they age better.

Try them if you want, but consider the Punch Grac Cru line. They have an identical size for about the same price that a lot of people prefer. And the bonus with this line is that the tobacco is about 5 years older and is a big dryer on the plate which some peopel prefer.

nachtalberich said:
Anyone ever smoke one of these monsters? If so, can you offer up some thoughts on quality, strength, flavor, etc? I'm thinking of buying a couple singles (maybe a box if reviews are great). Also, out of interest, how long does it take to get through one. It's gotta' be 2 plus hours.

Thanks.

I don't have a LOT of experience to compare these, but IMO. . .
The Punch Presidente is an excellent way to spend a quiet afternoon. Took me an hour and 45 min to finish one I bought. Well worth it. Strength-wise, I'd say it's on the strong side of medium, flavor-wise, I do prefer the Rare Corojo Punches to the standard ones, but it wasn't harsh or acrid. If you've ever had Punch cigars before, this is just MORE of it. If you hadn't trie dthem, give them a try (maybe a Rothschild), just in case you don't like it. Definitely give Punch cigars a try, they're a favorite of mine.

I had a Punch Rare Corojo (el doble size) and it was NICE. I'll definately purchase again.

Thanks for all the responses

Ok, that settles it. I'm goning to have to pick a few of these up. I've had the Punch Rothschild a number of times and I do enjoy it. I may try and track down a few of these with a maduro or oscuro wrapper.

Thanks again.