Semi-Newbie with a few questions

Joined Feb 2008
13 Posts | 0+
Greetings!

After a two or so year hiatus from cigars, I've found myself drawn back in. I've got a few questions that I hope some of you guys can help me with.

I'm looking at buying a humidor. Nothing massive, maybe 75-125 count. Enough room for a good stock of regulars and some special occasion smokes, but as of now there's no need for a cabinet! I've found what appear to be some good deals at tampa humidor, they have imperfects for half the price of the unblemished ones. It seems like a great buy at around sixty dollars for a hundred count, but I'm a bit worried about quality. Anyone here have experience with these guys?

Also, I'm looking for another good, low priced smoke. I'm a big fan of the Padron line, both in natural and maduro, and the price on them is right. I'm looking for something similar pricewise, $4 or less per stick, to keep things mixed up. Any suggestions? I'm up for anything on the flavor front, but my preference seems to lean towards medium to medium full cigars.

Welcome to the forum! I am sure you will receive alot of info on your questions. Since I haven't had to buy a desktop humidor in 3 years, I am not on the up-and-up. Save yourself the touble and just build a walk-in! :wink:

I bought my last desktop humi (100 ct.) from http://www.humidorvault.com/. I've had zero problems and am very happy with the product. If you sign up for the newsletter, they will occasionally have an "orphaned" humi at a pretty substantial discount.

--Scott

PS Welcome to the forums!

I bought my Cabinet for Tampa, it was a great experience and i would buy from them again.

As far back into the catacombs you can go, you will read people ranting and raving about making sure to get a humi that will be large enough to hold all your sticks in 6 months. I dont think anyone here can stress how important buying a humi larger than you need at this moment, at this moment.
Welcome to the Forum!

I couldn't agree more about buying a humidor bigger than you think you will need. I made this same mistake and now have 3 humidors. My favorite is from Cigar.com - the Evanston Dome Humidor - it holds 250 cigars for $175. It's a great quality humidor and looks great. Just take the plunge and bite the bullet now, I promise you won't be sorry.

Regarding a recommended smoke - 5 Vegas seems to be a favorite around here. Their "Series A" cigars are wonderful and are right in your price range. Give em a try, you won't be sorry. They are medium bodied with lots of great flavor and the quality is excellent.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to a love for cigars.

I recomend a 300 count becasue it is kinda small but still enough room to get a few boxes of what you like and still have room for a purchas or 2. as far as the every day smokes I am still learning so I will let someone eles advise you on that.

My fav everyday smokes that i keep on hand would be:
RP-REO
RP-Vintage 92
CAO-Black
Perdomo Lot 23 maduro
Don Lina "Duma"

I have heard good things about MAXX, never smoked one my self though. They are around $90 for a box of 25 so its a pretty decent deal.