Slap your forehead Info

Joined Jan 2006
234 Posts | 0+
Northern California
I hope everyone is well. Been awhile since I've posted anything but I watch your posts often. So.....anyway, I have 2 digital Hygrometers in my humidor. One is a Radio Shack thermo/Hygro that I paid $4.95 for. The other is a Csonka Digital Accu-Right Computer Thermo Hygrometer that I paid $23 for. My new Humidor is on it's way so I sold my small 150 count and I'm shifting all my sticks into my 300 count, so I did a salt test because The new box is a 600 count and I'm going from beads to a cigar oasis plus so I want my Hygro to be accurate. From a post I read I learned the CO can be off quite a bit (Thanks). Anyway here's the point, The Radio Shack Thermo/Hygro read a Perfect 75% rh and the Special football player 3 times as expensive Thermo/hygro read 67%rh. Call me silly, but the radio shack cheapo turns out to be the one, duhh. Like the movie My cousin Vinny, That thing is "dead on balls accurate". Have a great Sunday! :D

Good to hear from you bro!

Nothing like a good old DOH! moment once in a while, huh? 8)

Welocme back there brother!! Isn't it strange, you pay a lot of money for something and it turns out Radio Shack has them beaten again! I hate it when that happens!!!

Sounds like your getting an education, I dont rely on meters or gages any more I go by the feel, just like making Pie crust, dont measure , go by the feel.trust you instincts your better than you that you were !!!! Enjoy, Vince

vince said:
Sounds like your getting an education, I dont rely on meters or gages any more I go by the feel, just like making Pie crust, dont measure , go by the feel.trust you instincts your better than you that you were !!!! Enjoy, Vince

Search your feelings, Luke, you know it to be true.

:) :) :)

I have three Radio Shack remote units. All of them are spot on. Its just a shame you can't buy the model anymore.

chrisguinther said:
vince said:

Search your feelings, Luke, you know it to be true.

:) :) :)

You get where I was going with this !! Good for you !!!

Please show us some pictures of your new humidor when it's all set up, foodislife.

p.s. I have three oregon scientific hydrometers that are wireless. Inexpensive, accurate and convenient. I also use the main unit as an alarm clock. :thumbsup:

I have a Cigar Oasis (thanks, Brenda!) and a $5 no name cheapie. Both read 67.9%. Still will never give up the Oasis. Very nice system. I use the cheapie to double check things.

So, there is something to be said for these tiny simple devises. A lot of times you pay for the name.

I had nothing but problems with my CO, I called them and they sent me a new one. Now no problems