What are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found women at the bars LOVE Blue Note. If you want a GREAT aromatic, try Nording's Hunter series blend called Retriever. I bough this tin because I have a upland labrador, and I thought it was a cool tin. But, this is THE BEST aromatic. Iwan Ries has it. I will make you a bet. If you do not enjoy this as much as I do, I will trade you the 2oz. tin for 8oz. of Blue Note....... I am that confident!

Capt, I'll take that bet. I'll pick up a tin of it today at my local B&M. I saw a tin of it in there the other day. Either way we both win on that one.

They have it local to you!?!?!? Thats awesome. I'll tell you what, if they have a few tins, let me know the price. I may be interested in trading some tins, if your up for it!

I'll let you know what I find out. I'm always up for trading. It's one of the best ways of finding a new favorite tobacco.

Well, I just got back. No luck with the Retriever. The only Nording tobac they had left was one 100gr tin of Nature No.1 :( . It has been a few weeks since I was in there. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for it. I'll check Iwan Ries when I get home this afternoon. My company blocks most tobacco websites, but I can still get to this forum.

Smoked a few bowls tonight while cooking dinner:

Blue Note out of a Ascorti
Frog Morton On The Town out of a Castello Sea Rock 15/AP

And for some reason, I was in the mood for the McClelland Christmas Cheer 2006, out of a Jobey Dansk Freehand.

I tell you, I just don't feel like smoking cigars right now. I want fall to be here so bad, with bird hunting season just a few months away, I want to be raking leaves and having a fire in the fireplace. Screw summer!!!! :wink:

This morning I tried something new. Limerick by CAO/Dan in a Luxor Dublin. I've had it for a while but haven't gotten around to smoking it. Too many favorites already opened. It was pretty good. I'd say its a medium body dark virginia flake. It smoked cool and dry and left a fine white ash. It only bit when I got overzelous in puffing on relighting.

Capt, I'm right there with you. Cigars just aren't doing it for me right now. I to am longing for fall and bird hunting. Unfortunately, I don't have many good places nearby that I know about. The bird hunters around here are a tight lipped group.

If you ever make it up to Michigan, I will show you what northern bird hunting and bird dogs are all about. Just ask Alex, he shot his first ruffed grouse over my dog last year!

Good morning all you pipe smokers. Yesterday I got my sampler pack from C&D. I wasn't able to tear into it last night, but this morning I did. I smoked Autumn Evening in my Luxor dublin on the drive to work this morning. It was pretty good. It smoked pretty dry with little bite(my fault) and left a nice grey ash.

Sam

I'm smoking a big bowl of wonderful Heritage right now on the front proch with Jazz. Kids are running around screaming and playing and being the little nuttburgers they are...but I'm in a state of bliss. Man this is some good Baccy!

Sam, I am glad you liked the Autumn Evening. I will have to say the same, it semed a bit dry on the finish.

Friday I smoked some Retriever in a GBD Cub.
Saturday, I smoked some C&D Green River Vanilla in a Savinelli Long John rusticated.

I did bring a few pipes to work today, so hopefully we will slow down and I can have a nice relaxing bowl before bed tonight.

Tonight it is an Ascorti New Dear billiard filled with G&H Louisiana Flake.

This morning was Three Friars in a no name dublin and tanzanian peabery in the mug. I really enjoyed the Three Friars. It reminded me a little of Three Nuns. It was great, but I think that it would be even better with some age on it.

Sam

I don't know what came over me on Monday, but I broke out the McClellands Christmas Cheer 2006. I dedicate this blend to a Jobey Dansk freehand. This tobacco has really lost the VA-tongue-bite-edge with its aging.

Last few days I have been trying to cut down on the cigs.

Yesterday I smoked:
A bowl of Frog Morton On The Town out of a Castello Sea Rock billiard, a bowl of Autumn Evening out of a Neerup, a bit of Retriever out of a Ascorti Business 3/4 bend, and some Penzance out of a Nording Hunter pipe.

It has been a bit cooler around here lately, going from the 90's to the 60's for the high of the day. That only means three things to me:

Fall is coming
Grouse hunting starts soon
The English blends come out of the cellar.

I leave Friday to enter the 2007 grouse season. Northern Michigan, Just me, my O/U, and my trusty bird dogs. I love smoking English blends this time of year, reminds me of falling leaves, starting the fireplace for the first time of the season, and crisp, cool October mornings.

I smoked a bowl of GL Pease Blackpoint on the way into work today, and brought a few other blends with me for this evening. We have been a little slow today, only 1 call. Looks like a promising night, but you can never tell!

Well, I signed up for a gun forum, and was just casually browsing . . .

My tobacconist got me into "Bashes" -- And I found this large Bauer, circa 1950's I think.

[img=left]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/AccesOfEvil/bauer.jpg[/img]

Works well with English blends. I like lots of Latikia, and Stephen the blender at the shop got me into dark, flue cured Carolinas. The Dark Navy is sold in cakes that you rub out by hand. Takes a blow-torch to get it lit, but once it's fired up it stays lit if you pay attention.

Deep, thick spicy.

Then he has a sun cured Carolina that is light, golden -- and the nicotine in it sneaks up . . . I like it in a large Nording.

Stephen blends some nice English mixes -- knock offs of Dunhills and Balkan Sobranie.

Rich's Cigar Store, Portland OR. -- Stephen Brookes. Unfortunately the web site doesn't list his blends. (I'm NOT a shill!)

Just finished a great big bowl of McClelland 2015...devine!

Xeke said:
Rich's Cigar Store, Portland OR. -- Stephen Brookes. Unfortunately the web site doesn't list his blends. (I'm NOT a shill!)

No worries, I'll back you on that. Rich's is an excellent place. Even gave us directions to the nearest lunch place that serves cocktails :)

Status
Not open for further replies.