When A Friend Twists Your Arm. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
:D

So, Hollow Point a/k/a Scotchland Yard's Whiskey Dogg Detective is telling me I have to get the Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year old 107 proof bourbon.

Now folks, you know how much I love bourbon, but we're into late June here, and the fact that I'm drinking any bourbon or rye at all is nothing short of miraculous, but let's face it, how many more nights in the 40's to 50's or damp days in the 70's are left? Pretty soon it'll be 100 or more, and it'll be time to swing that ever growing rum collection into high gear, especially now that I've just about mastered a certain drink I'm trying to create.

But Scotchland Yard's Whiskey Dogg Detective is giving me the . . .

"psssssssssssstttttt" thing we all read about in detective stories as kids. You remember The Hardy Boys and Freddy The Pig, don't you?

Well, me and Captain Dogg got a thing, y'know? It's like, well, I can't say too much, but he's like, . . .

ummmmmmmmmmm, okay, I'm going to whisper this real low, . . .

he's like my "in", ya get it????

Yeah, yeah, yeah, nyaaaaahhhhhh, nyahhhhh, nyahhhhhh, he's my goombah, my consigliere, my capo di tutti capitti, my calzone, my cannoli della nonna, my ummmmmmmm, . . .

OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN!!!

Okay, on the low down, he said I HAVE to get . . .

The Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year old 107 proof bourbon NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Like, . . .

NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

So, I just did. Well, I had to do something to observe the day I left high school 30 years ago, and the second and fourth anniversaries of my worst asthma attacks.

I don't know if I'll actually get to DRINK it when it comes in until football season, because that all depends on the nights, and to a certain extent the days around here, as we move into serious July and August weather here. The bourbon and rye could get locked up for three months. :eek:mg:

:pigsfly:

:?