Your Wedding Smoke...

Joined Sep 2007
626 Posts | 1+
In my Mack truck somewhere in a Chicago suburb smo
Well...I'm about to jump in the shower, and my pre-wedding smoke of choice is actually some pipe tobacco. Safe Harbor. Don't know what I'm going to smoke later yet...maybe that 5 Vegas Miami Shaggy Foot I've been saving.

What smokes did you have on your wedding day?

Not sure...someone just handed me a stick and lit it for me...i was to drunk to care at the time...

early in the day i went to the bed and breakfast we rented for the wedding and set up. then lunch and a change into the tux to greet everyone as they showed up. (bride was already there and in her own room and all that)
we had the actual wedding in the late afternoon
went to dinner right after that.
just never had the time to sit down and grab one. besides... there were only 3 people there that were into cigars at all. myself, my father, her father. nobody brought any with them.

Sad to say I did not have time for a ciagr; plus it was too cold anyways. November nights in Boston are not a good time for a cigar. Funny though; the next day it was in the 70's; but I was still in recovery mode; I didn't sleep at all my wedding night. I partied too much and just kept going the next day. Wow was it a party in my room on my wedding night. Whoa!

It was actually the first cigar I ever had. My best man Picked up a box of Cusano 18's that the shop owner recommended for newbies. Mine was at a bed and breakfast and we got permission to sit down and have them in the library. Why I find the Cusano 18 very special.

My wedding cigar was actually smoked on a cruise ship for our honeymoon. I smoked a Fuente but I can't remember which one. i actually had two and remember them being great cigars. What little did I know back then! Wow! I think i used a Bic lighter and probably did quite a bit of inhaling.

DL

Well...I remember my wedding night like it was yesterday...

I had..

5 Vegas Miami Shaggy Foot
Camacho 1962 Churchill
Puros Indios Robusto (not sure the line, plain green band)

And continued to drool over a gigantic box of cigars I revieved as a wedding gift ...it was wonderful night of cigars.

my wedding cigar was a hgya 55 , ISOM, I still have a few stashed some place, the next one I some will be when the number one grandson graduates HS, & I have one set aside for number two grandsons HS graduation, one each for there weddings or collage graduations & for the first GREAT grandchild , I have a padron 64 principe that I have had about 10 years now, not real sure of thee actual date on it as I havent had it out to check on it in a few years , but I am sure it is doing just fine
I remember getting up that morning back in 1970 going to the barber shop to get a shave as I was a bit shakey from the night before hahaha, getting into my tux & stopping for a little liquid courage on the way to the wedding with the best man & he was in as bad a shape as I was & he had to drive hahahaha we had a few beers & a few shots & off to the races we went, , didnt drink much at the reception, my new fatherin law was down to his undershirt before the reception was over, dammmm it was a hot day , had a toast with the new wife, & the bridal party, a shot with my best man & father, by this time my little brother was passed out behind the bridal table & was getting mouth to mouth from one of the brides maids , both were so drunk they didnt have a cigar , but I was able to have one or 2 between dancing & eating , , this august it will be 38 years & she hasnt killed me yet!!!!
Enjoy, Vince

Has a La Gloria Cubana Serie R with all of the groomsmen while playing bags in my best man's driveway drinking coors light. Was a decent cigar and a great memory.

My first anniversary cigar was much better. Bolivar corona Habana series while in Jamaica.

Had 2 on my wedding day. At 5:00a, hit the links with the groomsmen. Had an AF Double Chateau in maduro on the front nine and Montecristo #2 on the back. My uncle had been to Cuba as a prof with some students and brought some back.

Didn't smoke any later. Wanted to have a fresh mouth for other things.

Todd