Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning , it is Sunday 6/26/22 a warm muggy and wet day here in da Burgh . Breakfast was a bagel , some chips ahoy cookies and a pot of coffee, I didnt ask what she brewed this morning but it needed a few more scoops of grounds , kind of Thin , the next pot That I brewed is Columbian , medium dark roast . i am getting a small Pass on todays supper , we had stuffed peppers this week and there are still some meat balls and sauce , so I will cut up a zuccuni and some yellow squash a quick dance in some olive oil and garlic , cover it with sauce and a meat ball on the side and Im done !
Last night I went to Diamond Run CC for a 40th. wedding anniv. party , rolled a few cigars for the guests and might be getting a return in Sept. for a Golf Outing . had a good time but it was HOT yesterday , over 90 F and I was outside from 4 PM to 10 , I did have a salad and a lot of Iced coffee , but skipped the meal ( Buffet ) it was just to hot to eat.
My car is heading to the body shop on Tuesday , it was hit in a parking lot back in may but the parts just got here , they need the car for 4 days , so I might not get it before the weekend . Bummer they dont work Saturday or Sunday and Monday is a holiday , so my 4 day car rental might bloom into a 7 day affair. , CANT SMOKE in the rental .....
I know I have asked before but how about turning this into a conversation not a monolog , what are you cooking and smoking today ? Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 7/3/2022 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh . I started the day with a pot of Perovian coffee some rye toast and a sliced tomato, still warm from the garden next door hahahah . the Ribs are enjoying a relaxing few hours on the grill and the corn on the cob will go on later today , the watermelon is cut and in the fridge to cool down .
Last evening I fired up an opus X toro and spent the next 2.5 hours listening to the traffic the birds and Cousin Brucey on WABC radio Via I hart radio on the Google speaker I have on my back deck , he is a class act .
Still waiting for the body shop to call and tell me my car is ready. , No major damage , just the passenger side doors and rear view mirror were scrapped by a white jacked up pickup truck , no note was left , just white pain on my red car the door handles were gouged and the mirror was hit . nothing deep or sheet metal needs replaced just pain and a little filler here and there with 500 deductable , I was just going to get some touch up paint and fix it my self but I found out the remote mirror on the passenger side , with all the labor and paint it would take to make it correct I just let the insurance take care of it & pay the 500. dammmmm thats a lot of cigars ,scotch and coffee
The hummingbird feeder on the back deck developed a leak so it was replaced and the new feeder had them a bit standoffish at first but now its back in all its glory and the Hummingbirds are back , we did have large seed feeder years ago but the bird Shit was all over the place , get rid of the feeder the Shit went away , The Humming birds dont land on the chairs or railings and the Shit is in the grass not on the deck , its a win win for us and the birds .
What are you cooking smoking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good Afternoon , getting a late start on the Sunday MORNING smoke , its a warm some what humid day here in da Burgh Breakfast was a bagel with cream cheese and hot peppers and a pot of Purivian , the cigar was a Montecino corona on the back deck with more coffee , the Boss had me hard at work after breakfast, water the hanging baskets ( we have 3) and clean and refill the hummingbird feeder , great little birds , fast and they dont like company at the feeder they chase each other away like it will never be enough food for all of them . I do keep it full .
Since today is Sunday we had the traditional hunk O chuck , carrots, celery , onions ,garlic , and Yukon gold spuds , it was a well marbled piece of Angus beef and the fat just melted , the meat was tender and juicy and the gravy was outstanding .
We were invited to my grandsons place for dinner last night along with his other Grandparents , his Girlfriend and his roommate , along with our other grandson , we had Chicken Alfredo , with pasta a tossed salad , garlic bread and cherry pie for desert , a GREAT meal and I didnt have to cook , just bring the cigars hahahah. , he has been in the house 6 months and only has 29 years and 6 months till it is paid off hahahaha , he is only 24 now , he is right in line with me as I paid off my home when I was 54 , it seams so long ago and it was hahaha
I did get my car back late Tuesday , but it had to go back again on Wendsday the remote mirror was not working nor the turn signal and the blind spot indicator , they for got to plug it in when they replaced it . So much for Mister Goodwernch or what ever they call the body shop guys , its a chevy dealer but my insurance pays them direct less the deductable the Ford dealer where I bought it wants me to pay it all and get re-emberst from the insurance , like I can float a 2800.00 check till I get my money back , I never keep over 1800 in the checking , and with rates so low on savings and zero on the checking I didnt want to screw up the cash flow , I might loose 50 cents hahahaha , anyway the chevy dealer is closer . I got my rental from Enterprise and NEVER again , I gave them a weeks notice that I wanted a Mid size or Large AMERICAN car , not a compact import shit box , when I get there all they have to pick from is a Toyota 4 x4 pick up that I cant get in , its sits way to high or a nissan shit box , tiny little car , Im pissed and let the agent know it , , he tell me thats all he has , take it or leave it , he didnt care , , so I take the shit box and he tells me he will call when some thing comes in , Ok . the next day I go to the eye doc, just up the street from the enterprise location , I go in , there are 3 cars sitting there all full size Im happy , I see the agent that rented the shit box to me and said great lets trade me into a bigger car , sorry they are all ready promised, BULLSHIT , . I GAVE YOU A WEEK NOTICE THAT I WANTED A LARGE CAR NOT A COMPACT ,now there are 3 out there I want one of them , he walked away , muttering nothing I can do for you , ..... NEVER Ever will I go to enterprise again. I did get a survey from the corporate office asking me what my rental was like , I told them what I told you , holes in the carpet , from all the different people driving it , right on the bottom of the gas peddle , only 40K miles on it , it was clean on the outside and well worn on the inside and the agent was a real piece of work no interpersonal skills and poor customer service . so much for this weeks rant ... , What are you cooking smoking and drinking ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday7/17/2022 a warm overcast humid day here in da Burgh , We started the day with a pot of Monsoon coffee and a sesame bagel , a Nicaraguan Zino robusto , a great way to end or start the day , as soon as I cut it I popped it in my mouth and reach the Matches , I had a taste sensation of a slice of HOMEMADE apple pie as If I was in my Mothers Kitchen again , it was a blast tasting it , Just wish it was the same taste after I light it .
I have a few pieces of Chicken defrosting and they will be joined with some rice and veggies and a few herbs a bit of broth and it will be time to eat after some heat and if I can find a hot pepper to top it off .
Gas prices have dropped 20 cents a gallon , now down to 4.79 . so we went on a cigar ride and listened to the top 40 from 1967 drank some coffee along the way , saw a few deer and some turkeys on a back roads Butler County USA tour . I enjoyed a Don Carlos President along with my Dbl Espresso during our ride .
The new humming bird feeder is working out well a lot of traffic and a few squables about who gets to eat first among the different birds at the feeder , they chase each other away and no one gets to eat , some are LOUD with the flapping and cherping others are silent in hover and no singing , they dont seam to mind the music I have playing on the Google speaker outside ,And no complaints about my cigar as of yet hahaha.
I Have a Hemmingway Masterpiece calling my name , its a very old one , the band is different from the ones on sale now , and since it is the last one in the box , today is the day , next week I will start the next box of the new banded stuff , the Kona is ready and so am I .
What are you smoking cooking and drinking today ?
Enjoy, Vince

Good Morning it is Sunday 7/24/22 a hot humid day here in da Burgh the weatherman tells us it will be 95 F today , dammmm thats hot , I plan on finishing this post, grabbing a cigar and getting outside asap to be back in the A/C before it gets out of hand and I start to melt hahahahaha , Breakfast was a cranberry Bagel and coffee , its just to hot to have a big breakfast , , lunch will be light and I have a pair of NY Strip steaks ready for grilling with corn on the cob and a few Yams , everything will be done out side on the grill. Speaking of Grills I did get a new one this week , the old one just wore out so now I spent a few hours putting the new one together , dripping persperation all over it as I struggled to get a few screws in place , but its ready to go and I cant wait to get that hunk of prime beef on the grill ..... , beside the grill giveing up the ghost the one Keurig coffee pot we Had also went to the coffee pot heaven , so it was replaced last night and is still in the box , it will be set up today , it will be joining the Nespresso , the Mr. Coffee and the Black and Decker on the kitchen counter with the cold brew and the press pot , yes we do enjoy our coffee here , it will sit next to the Burr grinder , my wake up call every morning as my wife grinds the daily coffee , its the best alarm clock in the world , I stay in bed till I hear it , unless my bladder tells me some thing else.
I wish it was a dialog not monolog , let me know what your cooking drinking and smoking , right now im grabbing a Casa Fuente that me grandson brought back from Vegas and getting outside before it gets to hot.... Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 7/31/22 a cool but humid morning here in da Burgh , I started out the day with a bacon egg cheese sandwich with hot peppers and a pot of Columbian , as soon as I post this I will be enjoying my favorite Morning Cigar , Don Carlos #3 with a pot of Starbucks Espresso roast . I have some Pork chops I found in the back of the freezer dated from Jan. so they will defrost and go on the grill , I will be making a sweet pepper salad with some Buffalow mortzella , with a balsamic dressing made with olive oil and lemon zest . I have a Habano Monte Churchill to smoke after we eat. It might be an aged Rum kind of mood to go with the cigar , but It might be an Irish coffee , who knows I might end up with a Gin and lime .
The boss has been a little under the weather the past few days so we went to CVS for a Coved test, she was Negative Thank God , we both have been boosted and dont go out with crowds , most of our outings are to the coffeeshop , Grocery store and cigar shop , Such a life we have , sit on the back deck watch the Hummingbirds , sip coffee a weee dram and a cigar or 2 for me . Every week I ask what are you cooking eating and drinking , so far no reply. How about a little dialog not just a monolog.
Enjoy, Vince

GOOD MORNING , WELL LATER AFTERNOON NOW , SORRY FOR ALL CAPS CANT GET IT TO GO BACK TO THE LOWER CASE I TAP THE CAPLOCKS BUT ITS NOT WORKING .
BREAKFAST WAS A POT OF KONA COLD BREW AND A BLUE BERRY BAGEL AND VANILLA YOGERT THE MORNING CIGAR WAS A FUENTE CHURCHILL AND THE REST OF THE KONA . TOOK THE BOSS TO THE COFFEE BREAK ,A NEW COFFEE SHOP NOT FAR FROM CHARBUCK$, SHE HAD A FROZEN WEDDING CAKE COFFEE AND I HAD AN ESPRESSO . WE CAME HOME TO FIND THE TOILET IN MY BATHROOM WAS STILL FILLING UP , THE FLOAT WAS STUCK AS WELL AS THE FLAPPER , GLAD WE DIDNT STAY VERY LONG , I GUESS ILL CALL THE PLUMBER IN THE MORNING , ALL I SEE ARE $$$$$$ . TODAY BEING SUNDAY WOULD BE EVEN MORE MONEY ,IT CAN WAIT, I SHUT OFF THE WATER LINE TO THE TOILET , JUST NEED TO TURN IT ON WHEN I NEED TO FLUSH .
WE HAD A BAG OF FROZEN RIBS FROM CORKEYS BBQ IN MEMPHES, TENN. DONT ASK ME TO SPELL THAT , I DONT KNOW HOW. WE HAVE HAD THEM MANY TIMES BEFORE AND THEY WERE ALWAYS TOP NOTCH ,THIS BATCH SUCKED BIGTIME , ,THEY LOOKED AND SMELLED GREAT BUT WERE DRY STRINGY AND HARD TO CHEW , I DID FALLOW THE PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS AND DID THEM JUST AS i DID BEFORE , BUT DAMMMMM THEY SUCKED . I ALSO MADE EGGPLANT ON THE GRILL WITH A CRUSTLESS PEACH PIE , THEY TURNED OUT JUST FINE , SO I WILL BE MAKING 2 CALLES IN THE MORNING , THE PLUMBER AND CORKEYS.
IT IS A HOT AND HUMID DAY HERE I HAVE THE A/C ON IN THE QTRDECK AND WILL BE HITTING THE HUMIDOR FOR AN AFTER DINNER CIGAR , NOT SURE WHAT IT WILL BE .

WHAT ARE YOU EATING DRINKING AND COOKING?
ENJOY,VINCE

Status
Not open for further replies.